View Single Post
Citizen

dangerdork 
The Triads

Let's go back to the triads again. I've been trying to fit the round peg in the square hole and make each set of three fit the Cardinal/Fixed/Mutable lens, and getting bogged down.

In re-meditating on our triads, at first I was drawn to the yin/yang nature that seemed to be presented on the first and second Paths - The Magician / Priestess, Emperor / Hierophant, Chariot / Strength all seem to be either nicely complementary or in dynamic opposition within the same realm. Trying to fit all three, though, I got a bit hung up until I twisted its tail and got this.

(I've enclosed the matrix with this post to help with the visual.)

For each Triad,

"#2 STANDS BETWEEN #1 and #3."

It works even better if you use a more descriptive phrase for the third path, and short phrases for the first and second.

For Instance -

"Wisdom STANDS BETWEEN ability and creation;" "Social mores STAND BETWEEN personal Ambition and life choices," "Determination STANDS BETWEEN action and the acquisition of knowledge," "Karma STANDS BETWEEN Chance and New Perspectives..."

With a little meditation, this formula works for me with every triad all the way down the line. Maybe there's still hope for Cardinal/Fixed/Mutable, but in the mean time this seems to click right into place.
Attached Images
File Type: pdf matrix1.pdf (129.8 KB, 123 views)
Top   #259