Finger lickin...good? Dream interp.

EmpressArwen

Weirdest dream ever.

So I'm driving in my car (the actual car I drive now) in my hometown (I do not live there now). I'm going to work...not sure where I worked in this dream. All of the sudden, my car door pops open (driver's side) as I am driving. I keep shutting it but it pops open again and again. I notice that the door handle is stuck out, in the open position. I push in the door handle and again close the car door. It seems to be shut but when I test it by pressing on the door it opens again. Still driving down the road this whole time. I'm like "what the f!!?" So I think that maybe there is something stuck in the door, keeping it from fully closing. I look down, and on the baseboard, there is a finger.

I am shocked for a second. I hold my hands up, by the steering wheel and notice my index finger (forefinger/pointer finger) on my left hand is severed below the first knuckle. Just a bloody stub (though there wasn't any gushing blood..just raw meat looking ugh). I grab the severed finger and think "I need to go to the emergency room". I see the hospital (the actual hospital that was in my hometown as a child...it has since moved to a new location). I couldn't remember where the ER entrance was located. I drive by the building and see an entryway to drive in (this wasn't there in the real hospital).

I see huge white signs with green cursive writing. One say EMERGENCY. Next thing I was inside the building, in a waiting room. There were white couches and beds everywhere. People in hospital gowns where mulling around. I see that on the couch, there is a load of clean, white laundry. There is a boy child's sock. I grab it and wrap it around my severed finger.

I feel lost and panicked. I decide to go down this hallway to find help. It was very dim and the lights were flickering. A man (20 something) was there in a hospital gown, pulling an IV stand with him. He looked at me and said "my girlfriend! You came to visit me!" He was grabbing a hold of me. I said, "I'm not your girlfriend...I don't know you." He pressed up against my back and said, "well I guess you will be my girlfriend when I have sex with you." I show him my severed finger, thinking that would gross him out or something and he would let me go. He looks at my hand and says "it's all healed." I look at my hand and it's still a stub but the skin is all healed over the wound...like it had happened a long time ago.

I'm pushing away from him but he's following close to me. We come to a hallway. At the end of it was a group of teenage boys. They looked like they were angry and about to fight each other. The guy behind me whispers "Oh, I wouldn't go that way if I were you. It's dangerous." He starts to shrink back. Then I woke up.

Sorry so long...just remembered a ton of detail from this one.

Any thoughts here?? I would greatly appreciate any help.

The things that stood out to me are, of course, the car, the finger, the hospital, feeling lost and scared and the dangerous men.

Car - going somewhere, direction in life
Finger - severed, pointer finger (direction)...not knowing where to go?
hospital - need for help/healing
Damgerous men - no one to help me...only people to cause me more pain?

Thanks in advance.

Padma

I agree with your car, hospital, and finger takes, but I think the dangerous men are having to face your fears. The guy who wants to have sex with you, I see him as representing some aspect of yourself - a part you do not want to get intimate with.

Because part of getting healed is having to face your fears...and to learn to be intimate with yourself, love yourself, connect with yourself...?

Interesting dream! Very detailed!

EmpressArwen

I agree with your car, hospital, and finger takes, but I think the dangerous men are having to face your fears. The guy who wants to have sex with you, I see him as representing some aspect of yourself - a part you do not want to get intimate with.

Because part of getting healed is having to face your fears...and to learn to be intimate with yourself, love yourself, connect with yourself...?

Interesting dream! Very detailed!

Interesting! So yes, I have a lot of fears around my life in general right now but on the more metaphysical/spiritual side of things, which I feel like what this dream was referring to more than practical matters, I am sort of in the process of moving away from what I believed into something more personal. Like leaving behind the traditional to the more free form. Hard to describe. There are fears associated with this. Going down that hallway that seems dangerous.

The guy who wants to have sex. Hmmmm. Well, now that you pointed it out, it kind of makes me laugh because that is SO me...someone sees something good in me and I instantly point out my flaws. Example: "Arwen! You look beautiful in that green shirt!" Me: "ugh...this shirt shows my fat roll." wtf. I'm just unable to accept anything good about myself. It feels wrong to do so. Probably need to work on that. lol

Thank you!

bluelagune

How many kids you have (including abortions)?
Little fingers always represent children, some grandchildren. There is something between that child and you. Some distance created, either you disowned him/her somehow... which makes me think abortion? Adaption? Sorry, I might completely be off but what I see is something in your birth timeline has been savered.

EmpressArwen

I have 2 children living and 17 years ago I had a very early miscarriage...probably like 4 weeks along. I wouldn't have even known but went to the doctor for severe cramping and they did bloodwork which showed the pregnancy and it was determine I had a miscarriage.

Not sure how that affected me though or why it would be showing up here. It was a long time ago and honestly, since it was so early in the pregnancy, so early I didn't even know I was pregnant...it wasn't terribly traumatic.

I'm close with both my children...definitely not disowning them or separated from them. Hmmm...interesting. I will ponder this.

EmpressArwen

bluelagune!!!

omg...I just had a thought. This is the exact day I scheduled my tubal ligation and ablation procedure...many years ago. I remember because I did it on my wedding anniversary. I had TONS of signs not to do it...I kept hearing "3! You are meant to have 3!" but I went ahead and got the procedure done about a month later...end of November. I hadn't thought of this for a long time.

bluelagune

bluelagune!!!

omg...I just had a thought. This is the exact day I scheduled my tubal ligation and ablation procedure...many years ago. I remember because I did it on my wedding anniversary. I had TONS of signs not to do it...I kept hearing "3! You are meant to have 3!" but I went ahead and got the procedure done about a month later...end of November. I hadn't thought of this for a long time.

Well, here you go. Sorry not much advice here. The only thing I know is that November 1st is the day of the dead when the unborn are rmembered. How? Dont know. I was always too afraid to ask my mother the "what iff" scenario so you might have to google this. Or ask around the site.

EmpressArwen

Well, here you go. Sorry not much advice here. The only thing I know is that November 1st is the day of the dead when the unborn are rmembered. How? Dont know. I was always too afraid to ask my mother the "what iff" scenario so you might have to google this. Or ask around the site.

I don't think this would count as unborn since it was never conceived. Hmmm. I will look into it.