Pet peeves

junethird

Oh my! I think ive been guilty of all these infractions, oops! I mean pet peeves :joke: altho i think, atleast im trying to be better and evolve as a sitter and a reader. Thank you to all who put up and read up on my recycled love questions!

I think my biggest pet peeves are readers who dont put any effort into their readings. I understand that sometimes the message is short and sweet, but more than one sentence would be nice. Oh and those who dont read the guidelines. I sometimes spend a good 20 minutes, highligthing, adding colours, underlying certain rules and criterias to draw attention to certain points only to have half a dozen people ignore them and post away!! Ive also seen people argue and question a readers guidelines.

HallowedNight

Also, people who need waaay too much info to do a reading. Why do you need my name, birthday, address and ss# to "tune into my energy"?? Personally, I don't like people asking me for too much background before they read either b/c it's my opinion you should be able to see it in the cards... that's what they're there for. I know that's an unpopular opinion.

I agree with this so much, ug... Like you go into an exchange thread or something with a simple question and they need all this information that they barely even use! So annoying. I also don't get why people need genders, that annoys me. I really don't find gender to be an issue about anything, so I kind of dislike when people ask for genders when I ask questions, and it feels rude to just be like "It doesn't matter!" But maybe that's just me. o wo

Barleywine

Although I did go to a lady who read with the entire deck & that was just crazy. And nothing she predicted came true.

I'm not surprised. Whole-deck readings are generally life-readings rather than question-answering tools, broad and necessarily shallow in scope. I wouldn't expect a lot of near-term dynamics to make themselves known unless a specific portion of the spread focused on just that. If you had one of those a year, that would be a reasonable timeframe over which to assess the accuracy of the testimony. The astrological spread is one that comes to mind which would focus discretely on different life areas (astrological houses) and perhaps produce relevant, verifiable detail in each focus area.

Kgirl

I may be getting curmudgeonly in my old age, but I've left the forum for long stretches several times because of the predominance of generic "lonely hearts" questions, many by the same people over the same aspect of their lives ("Will we get together/back together?" "Why doesn't he/she answer my e-mail/text?" and - the all-time winner - "What does he/she think/feel about me?"). I won't condemn anyone for sincerely seeking guidance, but at some point I have to just walk away from this babble.

Totally agree.

Padma

Pet peeve: people here on forum who refuse to give feedback. If you can't be arsed to answer, don't be arsed to ask!!!!!!!!!!!!! Argh!!!!!!!!!!! Crocodiles!!!!!!!! :mad: grouchy face!

shadowdancer

Pet peeve: people here on forum who refuse to give feedback. If you can't be arsed to answer, don't be arsed to ask!!!!!!!!!!!!! Argh!!!!!!!!!!! Crocodiles!!!!!!!! :mad: grouchy face!

That is a royal one for me too.

When it happened on another forum I was a reader for, the regular readers contacted each other when this happened with the name of the guilty. If they asked for another reading, none of us would oblige and we explained why. It usually then led to an apology and instant feedback. If not, they were not eligible for another reading - end of.

Harsh ? Maybe. But we all put time and effort into readings, and all that is required is general courtesy of acknowledgement via feedback.

Davina

shadowdancer

Oh and those who dont read the guidelines. I sometimes spend a good 20 minutes, highligthing, adding colours, underlying certain rules and criterias to draw attention to certain points only to have half a dozen people ignore them and post away!! Ive also seen people argue and question a readers guidelines.

Yep, I know that one :D :D Has put me off doing more regular readings. Having to justify yourself does not lead to feeling good about doing a reading. And they are more than reasonable, and I usually explain why.

I know you supported me on that one, and a huge thanks again for doing so.

Heck I am in a grouchy mood today...lol.

GotH

Interesting posts here. I'm pretty forgiving for a lot as I know there are different levels of skilled readers with different methods. Plus there are language barriers to overcome. Reversals or not, shuffling this way or that, I don't care! I'm just happy to be getting a reading.

I also realize that what I might think is a corny question could be a very serious one to someone else, it's really no big deal to me.

And then there are those who just don't quite believe your reading so they go and ask THE SAME question somewhere else and basically get THE SAME answer you just gave them. I totally get it if you do a reading for yourself then get a second opinion from me but when you go off and ask 3 other readers immediately after getting a reading from me it appears a bit INSANE. These people remind me of those who are addicted to gambling. They just keep hitting the card tables until they get a "winning" hand for their question. That is a reading that tells them what they WANT to hear..

I'm always happy to help someone when I can but what I don't care for are those who basically order or demand I read for them. One member once told me that they were going to have me do a reading for them. Didn't even bother to ask or offer a return reading, just said, "I'm going to have you do a reading for me regarding......blah blah blah." :rolleyes: Ha.. Really?

crystalrose

I agree with this so much, ug... Like you go into an exchange thread or something with a simple question and they need all this information that they barely even use! So annoying. I also don't get why people need genders, that annoys me. I really don't find gender to be an issue about anything, so I kind of dislike when people ask for genders when I ask questions, and it feels rude to just be like "It doesn't matter!" But maybe that's just me. o wo

Exactly! The only reason I think about gender is so I know how to refer to the person the querent is asking about. And if they don't volunteer the info themselves, then I just say "they" and call it a day. Why they need my gender for a career question or something simple is a bit much.

crystalrose

I'm not surprised. Whole-deck readings are generally life-readings rather than question-answering tools, broad and necessarily shallow in scope. I wouldn't expect a lot of near-term dynamics to make themselves known unless a specific portion of the spread focused on just that. If you had one of those a year, that would be a reasonable timeframe over which to assess the accuracy of the testimony. The astrological spread is one that comes to mind which would focus discretely on different life areas (astrological houses) and perhaps produce relevant, verifiable detail in each focus area.

It's been over a year since I got the reading and nothing panned out. And she was contradicting herself during the reading anyway. It was very general and non-specific. I think you'd have to be a very organized reader to read the entire deck & put it into a cohesive reading. I'm sure there are those who can, she just wasn't one of them lol.