Rackham By Duck Soup

Irischacha

Just wanted to chime in to say that I am also really thrilled with this deck. I have always liked Rackham in a kind of casual childhood way, but the integration of images and meanings here really makes me appreciate his work on a whole new level. And that's a real gift to me as a reader! Also this deck is just pure pleasure to hold and to look at.

I do find the images clearly reproduced. I'd rank them as clearer, less muddy and haphazard than the Waterhouse (which I love) if that helps. Not that I think that the Waterhouse deck is totally haphazard, just a little less controlled in its presentation of the images if that makes sense. I love the Waterhouse for its wildness, I think, which suits the deck/artist. I love this one for its precision and control, which suits the deck/artist.

I am also using it for a daily draw and have noticed the tilt toward the negative, but I do a kind of "what am I wrestling with/working with today" daily draw so it works. Has anyone tried longer multiple card readings yet?

lightpers

Finally can't hold the temptation to purchase this deck. I ordered with the G back

Dark Victory '39

i'm on the fence about this. I think it's going to be too dark for me at this time. But wow, what an amazing shadow oracle. i love the word play, and took the time to write down all the titles. I think if i still feel this on my back burner i'm going to write those titles on the backs of business cards and use them for daily draws and see if i feel like i'm manipulating myself. lol. It's hard to tell, it might just be a cheeky deck, and obviously inhabited by a v. strong otherworldly puckish presence. But i'm thinking about the messy year i've had, and alot of those titles would sink like talons. they could pull things up, but then what would i do with it? Is there enough in doing sentence construction w/ 3 or 4 cards to pull in helpful advice? i'll be curious to hear how some of you use it. It seems like it could be extremely shrewd and to the point, and not making a whole lot of interpretive work. Unless the art is much more malleable than i'm currently viewing it in combo w/ the words. Gorgeous though, and those G backs w/ the shadow leaves are beautiful. So is the cat, cheshire-like which makes me think of alice tarot's hangman, and given how i'm feeling about this, appropriate.

AnemoneRosie

I got the B back because the twilight reminds me of Le Petit Prince (The Little Prince) which is another story that I love.

Mine came in the mail today!!! I'd timed it so that I would get it after tomorrow as a present to myself (I have a very challenging day tomorrow and I'd known about it for over a month) so I can't open it. I also need to knit up a bag. That's tomorrow's challenge so that I can open it after my challenge. I'm very excited.

Winterchild

I do find the images clearly reproduced. I'd rank them as clearer, less muddy and haphazard than the Waterhouse (which I love) if that helps. Not that I think that the Waterhouse deck is totally haphazard, just a little less controlled in its presentation of the images if that makes sense. I love the Waterhouse for its wildness, I think, which suits the deck/artist. I love this one for its precision and control, which suits the deck/artist.

I am also using it for a daily draw and have noticed the tilt toward the negative, but I do a kind of "what am I wrestling with/working with today" daily draw so it works. Has anyone tried longer multiple card readings yet?

I am so glad you posted this... I was thinking of the image clarity on small cards... is it the same size as The Waterhouse? Seems they use the same printer...

As far as back go, I would choose B, I don't really like pictorial backs.

50 USD does seem expensive for a 50 card deck, but I think I need it!

Been tempted by the Zirkus Magi since it came out and the Tinker Damn Lenormand looks interesting...

Essjay

My deck arrived and I'm very impressed both with the reproduction of the images and the card quality. Beautiful oracle and definitely one for straightforward advice I think! I also got a pouch and that also lovely. I'm very happy to have a deck that's both workable and containing artwork by Rackham - it's a perfect combination.

lightpers

Rackham Oracle came today in the lightening speed from 11 November! I am so happy today to see the gorgeous deck came, the artworks of Rackham really enhance the deck for me!

I was hesitate to order this deck because i am afraid to pay local taxes but the nice Freder and its printing company helped me a lot so i am free from taxes, thank you!

It is similar size to Tarot of Zirkus Magi RoadShow Edition i think, have not yet compare them because i am in workplace by the time i post this.

The deck really speaks to me, i love to have larger size decks if its available, too see much more details about this deck.

I also love linen cardstock, big bravo to the printing source of this deck, and you got yourself a nice printing studio, Freder!

Here is examples of the photos from my Flickr accounts, hope mods don't mind if i am posting these outside links from ATF

Rackham Oracle © 2015 copyright Duck Soup Productions

Rackham Oracle © 2015 copyright Duck Soup Productions

Scarlet Woodland

Just found this deck and ordered on the spot. Fell in love with it right down to the backing (A) and couldn't resist.

Praying to the gods of tarot and postage right now that I don't get hit with the VAT and handling on all my incoming decks, as I might have to have a little cry.