Hopefully not a prophetic dream- Interpretation help

SweetSiren

Where to start... Synchronicity and fine intuition have played a more dominant role in my life recently. They seem to have come to a peak when I had the clearest prophetic dream- a man from my past asking me out on a date. Since then, I have taken dreams much more seriously.

This man, I haven't talked to in months, and I wager the ebb and flow of our personalities and personal missions just aren't in tune. I've got other things to learn, about the world and myself, before I can allow the drunken feeling of romance to re-enter my life. Timing.

Last night, he appeared in one of my dreams, and I do hope it's not prophetic one in any sense.
I found out that I was pregnant, and he was the father. But it was strange, the beginning of my dream, I wasn't sure if I was, but I felt like I was, so I thought maybe I should tell him because although I don't have proof, it just felt like I was. And somehow, I felt as if it was partly my choice to be pregnant, and by telling him, it would take this elusive feeling out of the air and make it reality.

I had twin girls, and they were lovely. But he wasn't around.

I don't want to go down too far the rabbit hole of symbolism, but I've read it's common to have a pregnancy dream when there are aspects of yourself you never birthed and nurtured (like your hopes and dreams). I'm not sure how I think of this interpretation, but it could work. I just don't know what parts of myself I've pushed aside.

On another note, I am 24, and I'm surrounded by women who are ready for children or already have them. Every female I meet is on the cusp or have taken the dive, and I'm nowhere near it. it's been a fear of mine- to have kids. Partly because I feel that I'm not ready, partly because I'm not sure if that's a path I want to take in life. I recently had a surgery to get one ovary removed, and I'm realizing this is something I need to be sober minded about. I can't just push it away, it needs sincere thought. Upon waking I thought, "Maybe it isn't so bad to want children."

But what in the world does he have to do with that? His presence in the dream is what makes me think there is more to it the simply addressing my ideas of child-bearing. And perhaps a more symbolic take would be more fulfilling. What do you guys think?

Mi-Shell

Hi SweetSiren!
When I read your post and your dream, the thoughts I am writing down here now came "through" in an interwoven stream of information. Please use only what feels right to you.
I am clearly sensing, that you are "pregnant" with thoughts of maybe getting pregnant
- at some time in your life
- probably not now
- but the very thought of starting a family and how that would change you and your circumstances is an undercurrent.
The man in the dream feels to me as one of your last sexual partners, but you are as unsure about him in the role of "father to your kids" as you are unsure about "going the family rout" at all.... You hand he, you wrote are not really in tune and although romance was there, you are as unsure about him as you are about yourself.
So in the dream this scenario is "played out", to allow you to experience the feeling of "how it would be" so you can, in waking life, make suitable decisions; to be sober minded about it, to feel out, if pregnancy and having children of your own blood line NOW is a part of your current hopes and dreams.
I also feel, that the recent surgery to get one ovary removed, brought this scenario to the forefront within your subconscious and also drove home the sense, that there is no guarantee, you will be conceiving easy, as your chances are reduced.There also is the added pressure, that these chances get reduced further by waiting.
That to me is symbolized by the dream scenario, where you were not sure in the dream, if you were pregnant or not.
So, in the dream you had twin girls = 2 persons = 2 minds =
You are of 2 minds about the whole scenario:
- The guy, who may not be the right one,
- Having children now or wait and birth other aspects of your soul and your self first
- Having children as a part of your life's dream
Yes, you will have to go down your own personal Rabbit hole to shed more light on your feelings and find a creative solution as how to incorporate your wishes, needs and dreams into the foreseeable future.
I wish you good luck!
:)

SweetSiren

Thanks for your response!

He was not a sexual partner, but you are into something- I've been thinking about potential partners and dating in a new light- Should I be thinking in terms of who would be a great father and family partner? I haven't been because I don't want kids now, but I don't want to go falling in love with someone who might not embody who I feel would be a great dad if I change my mind later and want kids.

I don't want them now, but I feel this added pressure to really think about it. I do think I need to get in touch with myself more before I contemplate having children. And I think this dream is trying to facilitate that.

Thank you.

Awkward.turtle91

Do you have any romantic feelings or sexual attraction to this guy?, enough to be worried that if you did do anything then you may end up pregnant and he may leave?

So you're keeping you're feelings to your self kinda deal?,

2nd time I feel it seems that maybe your feeling a bit pressured because your friends have reached that milestone and you haven't. I assume your single to because I've had dreams like this with guys I like and it's usually because I feel pressured and go to bed thinking about it and how I should be catching up with my friends on moving out etc. I worry before I go to bed as well. Over these sorts of things are you?

It's okay though things will happen at the right time.

Not all dreams are going to turn out real, maybe it's making you think about your inner desires and worries.

P.s I'm not sure how old you are I'm 24, and purely out of concern if you are sexually active I suggest getting a pregnancy test if your this worried, or going on the pill.
*sorry if that's too much!*

Blessings.

SweetSiren

Do you have any romantic feelings or sexual attraction to this guy?, enough to be worried that if you did do anything then you may end up pregnant and he may leave?

So you're keeping you're feelings to your self kinda deal?,

2nd time I feel it seems that maybe your feeling a bit pressured because your friends have reached that milestone and you haven't. I assume your single to because I've had dreams like this with guys I like and it's usually because I feel pressured and go to bed thinking about it and how I should be catching up with my friends on moving out etc. I worry before I go to bed as well. Over these sorts of things are you?

It's okay though things will happen at the right time.

Not all dreams are going to turn out real, maybe it's making you think about your inner desires and worries.

P.s I'm not sure how old you are I'm 24, and purely out of concern if you are sexually active I suggest getting a pregnancy test if your this worried, or going on the pill.
*sorry if that's too much!*

Blessings.

The funny thing is with this person, months before he showed up in my life, I dreamed he would. And he showed up just as the dream predicted. It's been six years since I last saw him, so At the time, I just thought it was a funny dream. Thus, when he showed up it turned my world around. having another dream about him, and given the nature of this dream, gives me a little anxiety haha. When I had that first dream about him, I thought there was NO WAY that would ever, ever happen (I couldnt even conceive the possibility of it happening. I thought it was a brain fart and not worth remembering) but it did happen. Within a reasonable timeframe, about two months later. So it just didnt seem to me coincidental but prophetic. Hence the title of this post :)