Deviant Moon Companion Book

Moonboy

There is great celebration in the AsYLuM tonight! Our preview copy of the long anticipated Deviant Moon Companion Book has arrived! It is EXQUISITE! I am speechless! US Games really outdid themselves putting this 4lb- 340 page hard covered monster together! So impressed! Wait until you see your copy in person! So worth the wait! I hear the books have boarded ship today and will take about 4- 6 more weeks to reach the states! Big, big thanks to Stuart Kaplan, Paula, Lynn, Bobbie and everyone at US Games! Order yours at www.deviantmoon.com

Winterchild

Excitement or what!

After owning a deck for 7 years and coming up with my own interpretations of the cards I am so excited about this book. I ordered it way back last year when the pre-orders first opened and the excitement has been building ever since. I am not sure if I have ever been so excited about any coming event, even the borderless DM, (except of course the birth of my four children), since I was a kid!

I think it is because this is my favourite deck ever, we bonded immediately, I take him everywhere (I change pronouns with this deck because she is deliciously gender neutral to me). I love Patrick's art, and have every deck he has created because I have to simple as that... no other artist that I have found fits so brilliantly into the world of the Tarot, and to read his own take on the cards is going to be such a treat.

Bring it on... !!

Anyone else as excited as moi?!!

PS. No pressure Moonboy :)

Moonboy

Thanks so much, Winterchild :)

Here is the first review of the book by Tarot Garden's Dan Pelletier:

"I’ve used the Deviant Moon Tarot deck, both with and without borders, for the better part of seven years. When it first came out I had questions about some of the minutiae in the imagery. So I corresponded with Patrick Valenza. I was surprised with his willingness to share portions of the story with me and fascinated with what he shared with me.
Those early conversations with Patrick revealed that this was not a deck rushed to market like so many other decks these days, and I was left wanting to know more about how the drawings matured.
Then I began to hear rumors about a book.
On Christmas Eve, the postman dropped off a package. Upon opening it my first thought was, “When US Games Systems does something, they do it right”. It is a stunning book. It’s beautiful. The hardback full-color embossed cover, the weight of the paper – it is a four pound, three hundred forty page adventure for your eyes and mind.
This is the new standard in tarot companion books, and like the deck, it was not rushed to market. You can tell that it was created with love.
This is not just a book that’s about a deck. It is a book that demonstrates the evolution of the Art and the Artist, and it takes us on that evolutionary journey.
This is a book for art students and artists who will appreciate and grow from the shared journey.
This is a book for people who would like to understand the dark and the fantastic.
This is a book for people who love the Deviant Moon Tarot, want to see what’s behind the curtain, and have the rest of the story revealed.
Patrick joyfully recounts his creation process, and how his organic and narrative approach to art is the result of thirty years development. He shows us his edits, the images rejected, and entertains us with the stories of creation.
Please don’t clear off a spot on your bookshelf for this book as it won’t be there collecting dust. Its beauty and the heirloom quality of its content will be appreciated time and time again when left out in the open to enjoy and inspire."
~Dan Pelletier
Pre-order at http://www.deviantmoon.com/wordpress/

AnemoneRosie

Thanks Moonboy!
I might need to buy this for my upcoming birthday...

MissChiff

I am on pins and needles waiting for this book!!

Winterchild

I saw the review on your blog... and it has only increased my excitement if that's possible!

angeltreats

Hi Moonboy :) sorry if this has been talked about previously but will there be a UK distributor for the book?

It looks wonderful, You must be delighted with it, so pleased for you!

Moonboy

The books have arrived at US Games! I will be signing all the preorders and will start shipping them all out next week! Big thanks to Stuart Kaplan and everyone at US Games!!!