Chrysalis tarot companion book!

Featherflight

Hi all,

I hope this is okay to post and is the right forum...

I haven't seen a thread on this yet but I saw elsewhere that the companion book to the Chrysalis Tarot is available for preorder on amazon. Super excited! I love this deck...very honest, earthy, and transformational in nature. The companion book looks to be very interesting with more info on the cards and usage of the deck, the deck creation, artwork creation and prelim sketches of the artwork as well.

Here's a link in case anyone else has been waiting for this book!

http://amzn.to/1lSSRAe

MissChiff

Thank you for sharing

Linfang

Has someone already had a chance to check this book out? I would really like to know if the book gives us some information about the idea behind the cards. I like the artwork, but I just don't get the intention behind so many of the symbols/figures chosen, especially for the major arcana.

Essjay

They're out of stock on Amazon but have ordered this so hopefully it won't be long. There's so page scans up over there and there seems to be quite a lot of description about the making of the cards, the inspiration etc.

magpie9

I dunno about this...there's been so much spiritual hype about this deck and very little down to earth information. I want to see a more practical view of what this deck is about before I sink any more hard cold cash into it.I can provide my own moonbeams and whimsy. What I'd like to see is some solid practical well grounded information about the cards and their meanings. Is that too much to ask?

Essjay

I dunno about this...there's been so much spiritual hype about this deck and very little down to earth information. I want to see a more practical view of what this deck is abut before I sink any more hard cold cash into it.I can provide my own moobeams@ and whimsy. What I'd like to see is some solid practical well grounded information a out the cards and their meanings. Is that too much to ask?

Lol, no - not at all! Hopefully mine will arrive soon and I can tell you more!

Featherflight

I'd be interested in hearing your book experience as well. I have the deck and it reads veeerrry intuitively for me which works well for me. After some thought, I may or may not get the book. Lol I need to see a bit more about it I think. I am not sure if I would use it or not. But I do love the deck.

Linfang

Thanks Essjay, I'm looking forward to reading what you think about it. I am still hesitating to order it...

OaksWhispering

I dunno about this...there's been so much spiritual hype about this deck and very little down to earth information. I want to see a more practical view of what this deck is about before I sink any more hard cold cash into it.I can provide my own moonbeams and whimsy. What I'd like to see is some solid practical well grounded information about the cards and their meanings. Is that too much to ask?

From what I gather, it is like the blog posts. More "moonbeams and whimsy" and so I won't be getting the guidebook. It is really frustrating, as I do love the deck, but there are definitely some cards I have a little trouble with, and like you, I just want some practical info. As well as maybe the meanings on certain card combos. I feel like the author can go on and on about myths and legends and spirituality without actually saying anything about tarot. It is a bummer.