Magic Circles - study group?

ravenest

Interesting! On a planet/star or floating about the Earth?

Not on anything .... but 'in' 'outer' space ;) ... no where near Earth !

I think the challenge of mental circles is creating something where I feel 'safe'. In space I would be worried about asteroid collisions, not having any oxygen

Ummmm ...... one doesnt need oxygen in or air pressure or gravity or .... in such circumstances. Any rogue asteroids get deflected by the force fields ;)

and being ungrounded so unlikely that I would ever stop worrying enough to relax:bugeyed: How did you protect yourself?

Errrmmmm .... the idea is to make a place where you feel you CAN relax . One wouldn't get far with cusch concerns ... it would be a bit like de stressing by imagining oneself on a desert island ... but taking your lappie with you so you could keep paying the bills via internet banking.

How do I protect myself ?

With magick .... of course :)

ravenest

The very concept of magic circles in space, either real or imaginary is fascinating!

Purely in my head I've been trying various things from doing a George Clooney in Gravity (problematic what with the floating about and needing a sphere not a circle), to being a spiral galaxy... which seems the most fun because hey, you ARE already a big circular energy thing anyway :D

Or a Hadit/Nuit inspired circle? But in that case no need to be in space because anywhere will do.

Oh yeah ....actually all of my 'circles' are spheres , even the ones on the ground ......

you mean ; your circle is open to the underworld beneath you ! :eek: !

Technically the LBR should link up and make a sphere . Also , in martial arts - 'spherical awareness' not just circular awareness , especially outside training where environmental factors play a bigger part,

ravenest

Taking inspiration from nature, specifically NGC 1232 :cool2: http://apod.nasa.gov/apod/ap120107.html , this should give us clues as the best place to start for maximum oooomph...the centre working outwards? Have centuries of magical students missed a trick by starting at the outside? :joke:

:confused: they have been starting at the 'outside ' ? ? ? Any circle has to be defined by its centre ; even in one that is infinite ( Nuit ) - it just makes the centre 'occur everywhere' (in every person, star and atom ).

My circle is 'generated from' my 'hara' - one of those 'everywhere centres' ... but for me 'the centre' ..... otherwise, on what else shall I 'stand' to move the Universe ? This is implied by ... or should be implied or affirmed by, the preliminary of any 'circle casting' .

Actually, the more I think about, the more confused I get .... how does one actually even 'start from the outside' ?

earthair

Oh yeah ....actually all of my 'circles' are spheres , even the ones on the ground ......

you mean ; your circle is open to the underworld beneath you ! :eek: !

Yes sometimes when using tori (toruses)
Spheres for protection, circles for open containment, tori for energy and healing, cones for energy plus projection.

earthair

:confused: they have been starting at the 'outside ' ? ? ? Any circle has to be defined by its centre ; even in one that is infinite ( Nuit ) - it just makes the centre 'occur everywhere' (in every person, star and atom ).

My circle is 'generated from' my 'hara' - one of those 'everywhere centres' ... but for me 'the centre' ..... otherwise, on what else shall I 'stand' to move the Universe ? This is implied by ... or should be implied or affirmed by, the preliminary of any 'circle casting' .

Actually, the more I think about, the more confused I get .... how does one actually even 'start from the outside' ?

I mean starting from the outside= drawing a circumference with person in centre- from here one can spiral inwards to centre point.
Working towards the outside = starting from a centre point, spiraling outwards culminating in circle at edge of spiral.

ravenest

Spiral inwards when making a 'circle' - sorry, you lost me . Sounds more like a vortex.

Working towards the outside .... sounds like 'sweeping' an old preliminary to wiccan circle casting.

ravenest

Yes sometimes when using tori (toruses)
Spheres for protection, circles for open containment, tori for energy and healing, cones for energy plus projection.

I am wondering if you have seen this ... I find it magical and amazing ( but I do love to spend time under the surface of the ocean ) ;

' Extraordinary Toroidal Vortices ' ( youtube)

Now thats a novel way to cast a circle !

Tanga

YES. Went without saying...
but duuugh for me assuming so - maybe not. :rolleyes:

Technically the LBR should link up and make a sphere . Also , in martial arts - 'spherical awareness' not just circular awareness , especially outside training where environmental factors play a bigger part,

Yes.

And of the "infinite sphere" which you mention:
"Star Lady,
Splendrous Queen of night.
You who hold Chaos at bay in the dark light.
You who command love to walk in milky might...
Look my way!...

Dark Lady,
Mistress of delight,
You who weave wondering dreams so fiery bright,
You who guide heartfelt songs in indigo light,
Guard my day!..."

(My Invokation to Neuth/Nuit).

I am wondering if you have seen this ... I find it magical and amazing ( but I do love to spend time under the surface of the ocean )

I have a favourite audio meditation track - 'Waiting for Caustaux" by JM Jarre.
With this - I sit at the bottom of the ocean watching everything go by - etc...
And at the bottom of the ocean... it really reminds me of Primordial Chaos (my patron Deity).
Go figure.

The Whale bubbles are cool. :)

@earthair - with your spiralling inwards and outwards - I still don't quite understand what you mean? More explanation? :)

Why would you want to cast a torus? hmm... what about all the bit in the middle??
makes me think of sic-fi movies where the character is running along a fitness track on the outer wall of a ship (sort-of torus space in use). :D

earthair

Spiral inwards when making a 'circle' - sorry, you lost me . Sounds more like a vortex.

Working towards the outside .... sounds like 'sweeping' an old preliminary to wiccan circle casting.

But circles, spheres, vortexes, discs, tori ...are all different expressions of the possibilities and development of the same force. I don't understand where I lost you?
I was just musing that magic circles are humans tapping into the power of the way circles behave and their unique properties.
I think when most people cast a circle it's actually a torus, and a spindle torus has vortexes at the point it disintegrates into a sphere. Unless a person deliberately tries to cast a flattened torus.
Why would magicians not want to harness that?

The dolphin video is wonderful. :love:

Interesting webpage http://www.thrivemovement.com/the_code-fundamental_pattern

Tanga

I think when most people cast a circle it's actually a torus, and a spindle torus has vortexes at the point it disintegrates into a sphere. Unless a person deliberately tries to cast a flattened torus.

I'll be wanting my torus to collapse into a sphere asap.

Why would magicians not want to harness that?

Well - there's that hole... and the demons... :joke:

Oh - I see. Torus better understood. :)
Well I do hope that we will "discover a natural pattern, and develop a plan to co-operate with this design" :)
Plus "All Hail" to Sensei Morihei Ueshiba, whose form I studied for a tiny little while - and to the tensegrity of the universe *raises glass* (of cranberry juice ;) ).