Why so many Tarot readers or psychics are wrong?

tarot_quest

I do think the Tarot can be used to predict, but nothing is 100% guaranteed.

Two women in my life time that used Tarot were totally accurate, but I do not think they needed the cards. Not 70 or 80, but 100% accurate.

One told me the countries I would travel and gave me six names - all which came to pass within a year. Even twins with one being an alcoholic - that came to light 10 years later!.

The Tarot can predict and go beyond.

The other told me about a lawyer and the exact timing.

Be back..

That is very impressive! So for sure, some people are better than others to read

tarot_quest

I'm sorry if you read this as my implying that you tried to trick them, or that you tried to ask the same question three times. That wasn't my intention. My intention was more to bring focus to the question, and to ensure that it's framed in a way that allows you to proactively make the changes that allow you to live your life to the fullest.

Thanks AnemoneRosie :)

I agree that the way we phrase the question is important. To be honest, I was listening to these readers to whole time because most of them don't like to be interrupted (but they asked me questions once in a while). At the end, I could ask some questions and I asked for that program. The way most of them replied, this program was perfect for me... And I was sure to be accepted.

But what you said (how we can benefit the most from the cards when asking a question) makes total sens. I will pull some cards for me and ask what would suit me as a career and questions like that to get more options.

DownUnderNZer

Back as battery blinking...

Saw the second one in August of 2012 I think and she told me a lawyer would contact me in the first week of November to sign some paperwork.

Actually, the legal assistant or secretary contacted me at the end of October requiring me to go in to the firm to sign some forms.

And it was in the first week of November.

She mentioned a cruise as well involving my sisters and they did that last year. Not sure if I was supposed to be on it, but she did see me with my mother. Ironically, I was with my mum when they were on the ship.

So she was right really and with a lot of things. :)

DND :)

tarot_quest

Back as battery blinking...

Saw the second one in August of 2012 I think and she told me a lawyer would contact me in the first week of November to sign some paperwork.

Actually, the legal assistant or secretary contacted me at the end of October requiring me to go in to the firm to sign some forms.

And it was in the first week of November.

She mentioned a cruise as well involving my sisters and they did that last year. Not sure if I was supposed to be on it, but she did see me with my mother. Ironically, I was with my mum when they were on the ship.

So she was right really and with a lot of things. :)

Ok she was really 100% accurate... May I ask you if you felt comfortable around her? Did you feel that the reading was spot on while she was doing it or only when the predictions unfolded?

Because for the astrologer who was accurate, when she was talking, I felt like if I ''hit'' a wall, but in a nice way. her truth were shocking and revealing. When I saw her a third time (years apart), her accuracy decreased a lot. This is very strange......

DownUnderNZer

From the start she was on to it with no predictions in the mix.

No numerology or astrology that I can remember.

She told me straight away something that I thought I could hide - not many tune in to that about me. Not at all! And she delved into one part of my past really well too which sealed the deal.

She was truly the bomb dot com and only cost $40 with no time limit.

The only thing that did not appeal to me about her - was her interest in the demonic or curses. The dark side.

But she doesn't force it on anyone and is a top notch reader.

Ok she was really 100% accurate... May I ask you if you felt comfortable around her? Did you feel that the reading was spot on while she was doing it or only when the predictions unfolded?

Because for the astrologer who was accurate, when she was talking, I felt like if I ''hit'' a wall, but in a nice way. her truth were shocking and revealing. When I saw her a third time (years apart), her accuracy decreased a lot. This is very strange......

Citrin

I have had readings that felt "inaccurate", meaning I didn't recognize myself in the description of me as a person or my life situation, and the predictions turned out wrong. Then again, there were bits and pieces of the reading that resonated and helped me in some way, so I didn't see it as a waste of time or money.

I've also had readings that blew my mind and made me gasp, because they were SO accurate about me and my life, and the predictions later turned out to be exactly like the reader stated.

What does that mean? I honestly don't know! Are there bad readers out there? Did the reader have a bad day? Was the "connection" off? Did I do something to block the reader? I'll probably never know the answer.

But I do think we shouldn't see tarot as a 100% "accurate" tool. It's not exactly like a washing machine, is it? ;) It's not an exact science and it will never be an exact science!

Sometimes I think the expectations are a bit off... I recently did a reading for a woman, which showed that things COULD eventually work out with her and her love interest. It was very clear when she asked her question that she really wanted him back in her life, so I was a bit hesitant when I noticed that about her (I believe very strong emotions and wishes can affect a reading...). So what do you think happened? Well, she came back a month later and gave the classical "He has a new girlfriend now, why were you WRONG? Why did he not come back? Why does tarot not work?" Sigh!

Now, my website with a shop clearly states my belief of the future not being set in stone, and "I use tarot cards to show you potential options about the future, and how the past and present will most likely affect your future.". Does this not clearly say that I don't make myself out to be some magical psychic fortune teller!? So why did she expect me to be 100% "accurate"? Probably because she wanted her ex back so badly! She wanted the positive parts of the reading to be right and to be simple (in reality the reading did encourage her to be proactive and did say it would not be a piece of cake to get him back) So she blocked all that information out... I think we're all there sometimes, twisting things to be what we want instead of having to realize we can't control everything.

avalonian

I had a reading many years ago where they saw a promotion at work, which I thought was unlikely to happen, but it did happen within six months due to a nationwide restructuring within the business. A couple of years ago a different reader said I would be asked to teach someone something at work, again, I thought it was unlikely as I was having an awful time at work, a few months later we unexpectedly had a new manager who asked me to retrain a colleague who was having difficulties.

Both these were predictions as part of readings where I had just asked for a general overview of the months ahead, and both situations came about as a result of outside influences, rather than by any actions taken by me.

:) :) :)

Absynthe

Well to be fair many Dr's, scientists and engineers are also wrong, and quite frequently so. It seems strange to me that just because psychics are maligned as being frauds that people expect accuracy levels well above that of any other profession just to 'prove' that it's useful or valid. People readily accept a Dr's diagnosis could be wrong and don't go around calling the Dr concerned a fraud. My ex-dentist told me 5yrs ago that I needed $3k worth of preventative work within 9 months. The three other dentists I've seen since have made no such suggestions and I've had X-rays, examinations and repair work done since then. People are wrong all the time, because they are people and prone to bias and mistakes.

To my mind life is a fluid process and one that no-one really understands. We ascribe meaning to events and processes in life because it's psychologically comforting to think there is a larger pattern or meaning to it all. Even more comforting to be able to read those signs and patterns for ourselves because it gives a sense of security that wouldn't exist otherwise.

I'm still divided on whether tarot actually has any mechanism behind it or whether it's just my own need to make sense of it all, that ascribes a meaning that isn't there. I can't decide one way or the other. I've had readings done by other people and I generally take away what works for me and discard the rest. I recently had a reading where the reader suggested I would end up with a particular type of man. I know that to be wrong because it goes against my basic preferences in life and I can't see myself in a relationship with someone who has nothing in common with me. I think what she was really doing there was projecting her own preferences onto his description and insisting that was the love of my life. I took it with a grain of salt.

Saskia

How many years ago was this, tarot-quest? And did these readers say "yes it's perfect for you" or "yes you'll get in"? Something can be perfect for you in theory... Also, maybe it's still to happen or was it just one time opportunity?

It's a shame you got inaccurate info. However, IMO, things happen in life for us we to grow so possibly in the grand scheme of things you're better off not attending this program (something better will come up).

seven stars

When I do readings they're more for giving people some insight & perspective into whatever the issue is they have going on. I always tell people I'm NOT psychic, however it's interesting that you bring up psychics because I've started an endeavor into enhancing psychic and empathic abilities with practice.