Rosetta Tarot on TV series!

Babalon Jones

If anyone has cable and gets the Discovery channel (called Investigation Discovery, I think, but I don't actually have cable) the Rosetta Tarot is going to be used in a true crime TV show.

The episode is the premiere of the show and has a plot that heavily involves tarot in several ways. It is a true crime show called "Murder Circle". I think the cards are used in a reading and a montage and in another way involving a suspect.

Now don't get upset if it involves some spooky stereotypical insinuations from getting the Death card in a reading or something similar! I haven't seen it and don't know much about how it was used but that wouldn't surprise me...but hey it will be cool to see it on television.

I think the final episode of the show will also more briefly show part of the deck, not sure about that part yet.

This premiere episode uses it the most as part of the plot.

rwcarter

Investigation Discovery is under the Discovery channel umbrella. Whenever I'm home sick, I veg out on ID. Murder Among Friends hadn't sounded interesting, but now I'll have to try to remember to DVR it! Congrats!

JylliM

That's very cool! I won't be able to see it here in Australia but I'm glad that the makers of the show have good enough taste to be using the Rosetta!

Cocobird55

Checked out the website -- a lot of their shows are available there. Murder Among Friends isn't listed -- maybe it's too new.

JylliM

Thanks, I'll have a look. I only have free to air but no doubt someone else in the household can access it for me using ways and means!

rwcarter

Got the chance to watch the show last night. Probably not a show I'll watch again, but there were three distinct times the deck was shown. A card was shown at a distance (so I couldn't clearly make it out) upside down on a table. I don't think it was Death, but that would make sense considering the story line. The Death card was shown (both whole and just the title). And the cards were shown being overhand shuffled. Those images were repeated multiple times throughout the show.

Cocobird55

Thanks! it sounds worth a look.

Babalon Jones

Oh the show was not so good I hear. Probably not worth a look, lol, seriously. Just to be honest, I heard it was pretty terrible but haven't seen it myself.

Not worth seeking out since I don't have cable and it isn't really my cup of tea in general. But I heard the cards were shown a couple of times, so ok, for whatever that is worth. Of course, the Death card.

rwcarter

Oh the show was not so good I hear. Probably not worth a look, lol, seriously. Just to be honest, I heard it was pretty terrible but haven't seen it myself.

Not worth seeking out since I don't have cable and it isn't really my cup of tea in general. But I heard the cards were shown a couple of times, so ok, for whatever that is worth. Of course, the Death card.
Well we did get to see the cards being overhand shuffled from underneath, so other cards were shown in that process.

Cocobird55

i watched the first two parts. Couldn't take anymore -- it was dreadful. Not even seeing the Rosetta shuffled made me want to continue.