Fool's Dog Tarot Apps!!

Lidian

Jason,

Ever considered the Radiant Rider-Waite Tarot? It's a beautiful clone of the traditional deck, published by US Games in 2003.

Sharno22

I currently own 28 Fool's Dog decks and I love them all! Just to put my own two cents in, I'd like to see:
The Wisdom of the Oracle Cards
The Green Witch Tarot
In the meantime, I'm really happy with all the ones I have!

Lidian

Are there any plans for OS X versions of your iOS apps? I would definitely purchase a few if they were available on the Mac App Store. Having them on mobile is great but some times I could really use one of your great Tarot apps on my main working computer.

JasonLion

Lidian, we don't have any current plans to support desktop platforms (Mac or Windows). Of course nothing is out of the question, so I will add your request to our wish list for future consideration.

Linfang

Jason, I love your apps and bought almost all of them.

Anyway, I was a bit surprised that the book coming with the Tarot of Dreams is edited and shortened. Was there any reason not to include the full text by Lee Bursten? I suspect there might have been some issues with copyrights?

Some feedback would be great :)

Stephanie

JasonLion

Stephanie, we would love to have been able to include the entire book. Over the years we have been fairly fortunate in acquiring rights to include the full book as part of many of the apps we have published. Unfortunately, in this case, we were not able to secure the necessary rights.

Linfang

Thanks for the explanation, Jason! It's still a wonderful deck and a great app!

Lidian

Just purchased The Journey Into Egypt. Is there a reason why the suits are displayed in a wrong order unlike the other Fool's Dog apps? Makes it really confusing.

JasonLion

There is no one "correct" order for Tarot suits that applies in all situations. There are several systems for suit ordering used by various people/decks. While one suit order is most common in the English speaking world, there are two others that are fairly common, and several more that come up now and again. I know of at least half a dozen suit orders used just among the various decks we offer and I am sure there are others I haven't run into personally.

Julie Cuccia-Watts has developed her own system of ordering the suits and the cards in relation to the ancient Egyptian calendar, the wheel of the zodiac, and the phases of the moon. She describes her system in a fair amount of detail in the included book. That system is reflected in the ordering of the suits in the Journey into Egypt Tarot app.