Blessing/Prayer before a reading

herself

No words, but I always shuffle until I feel a "space" inside. Then I know I'm ready :)

Serryph

I love this! I'll have to start saying this before every reading! Thank you for sharing.

I wasn't going to share this, but I did write this when I first started learning Tarot, and I wrote it to help me learn and remember what the Major and Minor Arcana represent. Now that I don't need it, I say the one above.

I don't know how good it is, but It worked for me and maybe it could help other newbies who see it. Warning: it is long.

" I ask my inner guide (or spirit guide)* to...

please allow the Major Arcana to reveal any life-changing experiences or events and lessons to be learned...

to allow the Wands to be lit with the fire of my desires and ambitions...

to allow the Cups to be filled with my emotions...

to allow the double-edge Swords to cut both ways and to present me with problems as well as solutions...

and to allow the Pentacles to blanket me and my loved ones, with security and good health.

So be it"

*use whichever you prefer: inner guide or spirit guide or anyone else you'd rather call to.:livelong:

EmpressArwen

I don't say anything but I used to go to this woman who did a fairly long prayer thingy (technical term). She called out to guardians of Watchtowers and directions or something. I just remember the word Watchtower being said at least 4 times. It was interesting but a little strange to sit through since I had no idea what she was talking about. I asked her about it but her answer was really vague. I got the impression she didn't want to talk about it so I just left it alone.

AraLuck

I ask for protection (white light and purple hue) around me and surroundings from the Archangels, for the energies that require grounding to be grounded and for my guides and Twin Flame to assist me. I ask for negative entities to be removed and prevented from entering my space and ask for messages that are intended for me to see to be delivered clearly.

I ask this on my own behalf and for querents too. When it comes to them, I ask them to pray/meditate and ask for their messages to be delivered through me.

Tanga

I don't say anything but I used to go to this woman who did a fairly long prayer thingy (technical term). She called out to guardians of Watchtowers and directions or something. I just remember the word Watchtower being said at least 4 times. It was interesting but a little strange to sit through since I had no idea what she was talking about. I asked her about it but her answer was really vague. I got the impression she didn't want to talk about it so I just left it alone.

A Wiccan call to the quarter guardians (which are the 4 elements/cardinal directions, and whatever correspondences one chooses to use with these. Be they Deities, familiars, Divas or other.) for protection, creating a circle of sacred space in the process.
"Watchtowers" is one of the ways to label them.

"I call to the guardians of the Watchtowers of the East. Air of the mind in abundance around us, beings of inspiration - I welcome you. Protect us here and now...etc. etc." (Just made this one up. There are a myriad variations one can invent). One then carries on with the other 3 elements of Fire, Water and Earth - thus completing the circle.

I cover the elements in my own Tarot chant, post #4 (included in the , 'powered by the seven spheres' bit - the other 3 directions being above, below and within). I am Wiccan.

Secrecy - is also a Wiccan habit (as well as lots of other "secret societies"). So if she REALLY didn't want questions on a Wiccan format that was secret - she shouldn't have "showed" you the ritual at all in the first place IMO. (one of my pet hates that... "I'm doing a secret thing that I can't tell you about" - look I'm doing it...).
She could have done it all silently in her head - or before you arrived.

Sigh.

:) :)

Shibiusa

I usually say the greeting and the farewell that came with my Mystic Faerie Tarot. It's really cute and it allows me to be in the "faerie mood" for the reading. I can share them, if anyone has a faerie tarot and wants to use some sort of a blessing/invocation.

I liked the idea Tanga posted! I think I'm going to adapt it to my Angel Tarot :p

Neely 222

I usually meditate before I read, but I don't have a specific ritual I go through, although I'm starting to think about incorporating some sort of ritualized something that I do before reading. For now, I just try to clear my mind to be as open as I can in the moment.