computer games featuring tarot cards

lilaclona

I will divide them into two categories: adventure games and "casual" games.

adventure games:

Gabriel Knight 1: sins of the fathers

Legend of Kyrandia 2: hand of fate (the cover art features tarot cards)

Tales of monkey island (the cards are called voodoo cards though, and the titles don't match actual tarot cards )

casual games:

Heartwild solitaire

Strange cases: the tarot card mystery (again, no actual tarot cards)

Age Of Oracles: Tara`s Journey

The tarot misfortune

The artwork in the last two mentioned casual games was so impressive it made me wish it was a real deck. Please feel free to mention any other games featuring tarot cards that you can come up with.

p.s. it's been a VERY long time since I posted anything here on Aeclectic

MizGrace

I would like to ask if there is an updated list to this thread anywhere please?

I just purchased Dishonored Tarot Deck 99p plus 3.00 postage. cash went to 'Caudwell Childrens Charity.' I ok'd spending due to the cause.

- Does anyone have knowledge of this deck?

I have a few brief questions to 'taroists'

-Do the decks read well from computer games?
-Do you wish there was a game themed deck that hasnt been created yet?

P.s I hope Im not intruding on the thread if so my apologies

rwcarter

Moderator Note

I would like to ask if there is an updated list to this thread anywhere please?

I just purchased Dishonored Tarot Deck 99p plus 3.00 postage. cash went to 'Caudwell Childrens Charity.' I ok'd spending due to the cause.

- Does anyone have knowledge of this deck?
The Dishonoured deck was discussed over in Tarot Decks:
"Dishonored" video-game tie-in deck
Dishonoured

Further discussion of that deck should occur in Tarot Decks, not here in TB&M.

I have a few brief questions to 'taroists'

-Do the decks read well from computer games?
-Do you wish there was a game themed deck that hasnt been created yet?

P.s I hope Im not intruding on the thread if so my apologies
Those two topics are close enough to the original topic that they're OK to discuss in this thread.

Zephyros

Not really cards but Batman's Arkham City has an occult shop in Wonder City that has a sign that it sells all kinds of things, Tarot cards among them. The shop itself is shuttered up, though, and you can't go into it.

MizGrace

ok thank you for the links, Batman I like the series atm its got me hooked. I enjoyed the games on ps3 too. I like the trivia youve given me.

gabyrippling

The new Virtual Reality system, the HTC VIVE, has a very interesting looking tarot reader app. I'm a bit apprehensive of it though - we haven't bought it yet; just saw the demo video.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Laura Borealis

What about that one Dragon Age game? I don't play DA so I don't know how they incorporated the cards into gameplay. But the art I saw was really good.

Here is a gallery.

Shibiusa

Oh, interesting thread!
Well, there are a bunch of games with tarot themes.

Tactics Ogre and Ogre Battle are part of a series that features this theme. The version "Let us cling together" (Premium Edition) even brings the major arcana cards with it. I'm considering buying it! The artwork is gorgeous. Too bad there isn't a full deck... You can check the cards here: http://www.spriters-resource.com/psp/tacticsogreletusclingtogether/sheet/74370/

The "Persona" series, a spin-off from Shin Megami Tensei series, also uses this theme. For example, the mini-bosses are usually major arcanas. The social links also have major arcanas associated with each.
The major arcanas for Persona are these: http://i476.photobucket.com/albums/...n Megami Tensei Persona/0AllTheTarotCards.jpg
Someone printed the whole deck: http://66.media.tumblr.com/632d28b9b0180e884596e617bf9c7ff6/tumblr_nvm82qjrK01syivzno1_1280.jpg

Shadow Hearts: Convenant also has cards on it. I haven't played it yet, so I don't know if it plays a major role or not. Unfortunately, only features major arcanas as well. The pictures are here: http://shadowhearts.wikia.com/wiki/Tarot_Cards

And these are the games I know that actually have tarot in them (instead of just having a tarot deck based on it). My favourite is the one from Tactics Ogre. I really wanted a full deck...

Dercetius

As mentioned, the Persona series features the Major Arcana. It's actually a big part of the social mechanics (in your interaction with other characters), as well as a defining characteristic of every monster you encounter.