What Are You Currently Reading?

Spiffo

Although I've had it for a while, a friend and I are working through Donald Tyson's book 'Portable Magic' (Llewellyn, USA, 2006). He outlines a way to use a Tarot deck as a magical tool for constructing an astral mechanism to achieve all sorts of outcomes. It very much based on the Golden Dawn correspondences but could easily be adapted to other systems. Setting out the Zodiac wheel, the Altar of Aces, and the Triangle of manifestation is a really neat exercise. If you're at all interested in exploring magic and Tarot I thoroughly recommend it. Straitforward, concisely written, and not too woohoo.

Torann

Curious about Holistic Tarot; might have to get that one soon!
I love that book!

I went on a binge and I bought myself: Tarot Wisom by Rachel Pollack, The Complete book of tarot reversals and Advanced Tarot Secrets.

I will have them next week. :)

Torann

Tarot Coupling is a book I often use to when it comes to love readings. :)

Thoughtful

l am reading again 'Secrets of the Waite Smith Tarot' by Marcus Katz & Tali Goodwin. It's a 458 page book of absolute joy and learning, there are chapters on Pamela C and A. E. Waite, as well as plenty of pictures, especially of Pamela C and her theatrical friends. It's a really interesting potted history of how the cards were imagined by Waite and then put into action by Pamela C using her knowledge of the theatre and the leading men and women of the day. Then you get into the cards themselves with spreads that l find very helpful, as well as chapters on Kabbalah, the colours of the cards, and the gift Pamela C had of seeing pictures through music. How to read the cards etc. and much more.
If you are learning the RWS this book is invaluable for the history and knowledge of the cards.

RiverRunsDeep

I wanted to further develop my intuitive abilities in reading the cards, so I'm halfway through "Psychic Tarot" by Nancy Antenucci and Melanie Howard. Mixed feelings. So far, most of the exercises seem geared towards tarot beginners, so I'm almost wishing I was approaching this as a blank slate. Well, the OCD in me won't allow me to not finish a book, so......we'll see how it goes!

EmpyreanKnight

I'm going through an in-depth study of the Gothic Tarot by Vargo, so I am currently immersing myself in its companion book.

Sassyinkpen

I am working my way through "Tarot - Your Everyday Guide" by Janina Renee, which I'm actually turning into my own personal Master Book on Tarot by going through and writing additional information on all the pages as I am studying each card of the deck.

I have her "Tarot for a New Generation" on it's way

AND - I just got "Tarot Diva" by Sasha Graham in the mail yesterday and just started to dig into that (but I think I will like it quite a bit)

Grizabella

I am working my way through "Tarot - Your Everyday Guide" by Janina Renee, which I'm actually turning into my own personal Master Book on Tarot by going through and writing additional information on all the pages as I am studying each card of the deck.

I have her "Tarot for a New Generation" on it's way

AND - I just got "Tarot Diva" by Sasha Graham in the mail yesterday and just started to dig into that (but I think I will like it quite a bit)

Excellent books! They're a great set of reference books to keep and use for many years. I've had my Everyday Guide for as long as it's been in print. I lost my Tarot for a New Generation, unfortunately, but I've got other books that are still in my Tarot library. Tarot Wisdom by Rachel Pollack is excellent and a keeper, too.

I'm not currently reading a Tarot book. I tend to just read here and there in several books at once sometimes. A couple of them that I've been reading off and on are Tarot Beyond the Basics by Anthony Louis and Cartomancy with the Tarot and the Lenormand by Patrick Dunn. I haven't read them from front to back yet, but I've read portions of them and they're very good and certainly will be in my permanent library of Tarot reference books. My reading currently is the Ice and Fire books by George R.R. Martin and a couple of Larry Dossey's books, one of which is about premonitions.

Lee

Tarot Tells the Tale by James Ricklef. The Llewellyn edition is out of print but it's now available in a new and revised edition from Amazon as a printed book and an e-book, called Tarot Reading Explained. I have the Llewellyn edition, so I'm reading that. Great book.

Ix Chel

Tarot for one from Courtney Weber.