View Single Post
Student of Astrology

Minderwiz 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RohanMenon View Post
i had a bit of brain fog regarding left/right -- dexter/sinister till I remembered your old post.

In my horoscope (Gemini Rising, day birth) I have Mars in Pisces in the 10th and Jupiter in Sagittarius in the 7th, thus forming a square by sign( though not by degree).

So by the logic in your last 3 paragraphs, here Jupiter is the more powerful planet, since it casts the square in the direction of the signs, (and is in its own domicile to boot. Phew! ) But by the same token, Mars does square the ascendant, so there's that.
Yes Jupiter will dominate Mars, it would be better still, given that it's Jupiter, if it were a Trine, because then Jupiter would bonify Mars (at least to a significant extent and possibly enough to cancel out most of the harm (that clearly would depend on other factors in the chart, but it's definitely a move in the right direction. The square is still strong though, and Mars' harm will be reduced.

But Mars does afflict the Ascendant, as it casts its rays into the sign, even if there is no planet there (which no modern Astrologer would claim). So the relief from Jupiter's square is very welcome; and certainly worth trading the trine for a square
Top   #44