View Single Post
Citizen

RohanMenon 
Places 4 and 5 Summary.

Places 4, 5, (Summary)

Place 5
1. If benefics (in this sign) hold (I interpret this as 'rule') the Lot or Ascendant, the native will be great, and a law maker.
2. Venus here (and ruling Lot or Ascendant) is particularly gracious (I suppose this refers to the 5th House being the Joy of Venus, though Valens hasn't spoken of joys etc yet - or if he did, I missed it), especially if it is in its own term and face.

[I suspect this is a generic principle. Planet X in its house of Joy is good news, especially in its own term and face]

3. Any planet in the 5th and ruling the ascendant or lot give the good appropriate to their nature.
4. there is a list of per planet benefits, skipped for now.

Place 4 - Lower Midheaven.
1. If benefics in this place rule the ascendant or Lot, the native will make his living from temples (!! where did temples come from? I thought they were a 9th house matter)
2. If benefics are assigned the Archetypal Lot (yeow! what's this!) and are house rulers at Lower Midheaven (?? does this mean a planet ruling the Archetypal Lot and also located in the 4th? or that the archetypal lot (whatever that is) falls in the 4th?) the native will be given revelations by the Gods and ghostly shapes (!! in modern lingo, this seems to be a pattern for psychic powers?)

2. Mars here and ruling Lot or Ascendant indicates troubled life and/or a self inflicted death.
3. Since this place refers to a good reputation after death and bequests heirs, malefics here negate both.
Top   #48