Premium German Rider Waite with Pam A crackle brown back and 1909 colouring

gregory

From what I recall of the only one I ever met personally,the colour of the Von Waite backs is pretty close. I THINK it was slightly yellower...

I wouldn't call the von Waite backs QUITE terra cotta though - that's a bit redder, IMHO.

FLizarraga

From what I recall of the only one I ever met personally,the colour of the Von Waite backs is pretty close. I THINK it was slightly yellower...

I wouldn't call the von Waite backs QUITE terra cotta though - that's a bit redder, IMHO.

What I personally see as terra cotta is a little redder, too, and the color scans I have checked online look a little muddier --but I'd say it's close enough. I have seen Mexican ceramic tiles that come pretty close to those backs.

Le Fanu

Never crossed my mind to put the two side by side. In my mind's eye, I think the AG Muller edition crackling is slightly darker and richer. Must get them out and compare.

Richard

My pocket "von Waite" arrived recently. Excellent printing. The colors are a bit brighter than those of the Centennial. Actually, it has displaced the Centennial as my favorite edition.(I never thought that would happen,)

rwcarter

My regular-size deck never arrived so it's been reshipped. That one seems to be taking the same circuitous route that the first one did....

Thoughtful

My regular-size deck never arrived so it's been reshipped. That one seems to be taking the same circuitous route that the first one did....

That's too bad, hopefully you get it soon its so worth waiting for.

My pocket "von Waite" arrived recently. Excellent printing. The colors are a bit brighter than those of the Centennial. Actually, it has displaced the Centennial as my favorite edition.(I never thought that would happen,)

And l never thought l would fall in love with a RWS :laugh: Its a wonderful tarot in every way.

Richard

It took over 30 days for mine to arrive. I'm on the east coast.

Richard

.....And l never thought l would fall in love with a RWS :laugh: Its a wonderful tarot in every way.

It's too bad that most RWS printings are rather sloppy. This is one of the nicest I've seen.

Thoughtful

Richard l agree this colouring really is the best and draws me in. l still cannot believe that l have a RWS that l can work with. Bought different RWS in the past and they just left me stone cold. They seemed so static, and without a voice. The Von Waite looks amazing, handles and shuffles like a dream and the detailing in the images is so much clearer and defined. Also they do not have that awful gloss.
They have a voice l hear loud and clear, hurrah!

rwcarter

It took over 30 days for mine to arrive. I'm on the east coast.
Placed my order Oct 8th and by Dec 1st, it still hadn't arrived. So they're shipping me another one as of Dec 2nd. So far neither has arrived. Hope springs eternal though.

Rodney