Stuffed and loved!

Mi-Shell

Mi-Shell, I am so sorry that those terrible things happened to you :heart:

But I am really happy that little Steiff friends find their way to your cabin, to bring you joy again :love:

ThanXXX, Mama Tiger! ♥

Padma

Padma, we may neeeeed a few more pictures from Tiger, because here in my
"all soooo very wise and smart catalogue"
Tiger loooooks like the baby Lion from the Steiff Lion family :bugeyed:

Oh! Well, he does have stripes, though! :bugeyed:

He might not be a Steiff, though ;) I still love him anyways! :love:

(though his nose is the embroidered pink nose they have, and his eyes look like what Steiff used).

I found a link that has what looks very much like Tiger!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/302191294200?vectorid=229466&lgeo=1&item=302191294200&rmvSB=true

Attachments

• Tiger 2.jpg
    Tiger 2.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 133
  • Tiger 3.jpg
    Tiger 3.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 130

HearthCricket

Hey, my cousin used to have a Tiger like that! That just brought back a flood of memories. Very sweet!

Laura Borealis

I have several of his Steiff brothers and sisters in my Steiff Animal collection.
They all are saying "Hello!!!!" to Foxy :)

Foxy says "Hello" back! :) :love:

Yes, Steiff animals are very special. A big part of it is they are hand-made. They seem to carry something of their makers with them. Your tiger is beautiful, Padma!

I'm so sorry you lost most of your childhood friends, Mi-Shell. But it's lovely to hear that you're rescuing more Steiff friends and giving them a permanent home. :)

Besides Foxy, I have two small tabby cats that are definitely Steiff, and two more tabbies plus a Siamese that may be (they lack the buttons, but they do have the look). The Siamese is a rescue. She came from a rummage sale, when I was a kid, and needed extensive patching. The two small tabbies were bought new when I was a teen, and the two bigger tabbies are the latest members of my cat clan. They came from a friend, who needed to find them another home because they reminded her of her ex. They are charming and look a bit like your tiger, Padma. Tomorrow when I have daylight I'll photograph them for you (my camera phone is terrible in indoor lighting).

gregory, I love your Chutney! He looks so very soft. Your Lillie-frogs are cute too. K. has a frog that looks very similar, but is wearing a t-shirt.

I wish I still had all the animals my mom made. I actually may have some stashed at her house. She made me a long, long green snake (named Crictor), the Pooh bear, a blue striped cat... there were more but I'm not remembering right now. I do have a little beaver I made from a broken earmuff. I made a pair of them, and my little brother has the other one.

Padma

Hey, my cousin used to have a Tiger like that! That just brought back a flood of memories. Very sweet!

And I love your bunnies, HearthCricket! :)

I wish I still had all the animals my mom made. I actually may have some stashed at her house. She made me a long, long green snake (named Crictor), the Pooh bear, a blue striped cat... there were more but I'm not remembering right now. I do have a little beaver I made from a broken earmuff. I made a pair of them, and my little brother has the other one.

My mom made me a snake too, Laura :) he was braided. That's awesome that your friend wanted you to care for the little kitties! I would love to see them - they, and their little beaver brother! ;)

celticnoodle

haven't looked at all the posts/pictures yet, but will tomorrow. just checking in before I go to bed. Padma, Tiger is so cute!!! :) I also have my dads steif bear. He received it when he was born from his Aunt/Godmother. Its a very stiff bear--its funny, because I can't imagine a baby snuggling with it! But, its because back then they stuffed it with sawdust, I think? or something like that. He's very well loved, so apparently my dad didn't mind it so much. :D I'll have to find him too and add a pic of him when I start posting the pictures. I hope I can find him. I had him packed away, as he is kind of falling apart, and I didn't want him to keep doing so....

Mi-Shell, I'm so glad you started this thread. Its a good one! :)

Mi-Shell

#^*lxX#^<*>~!

Halo! Gute Nacht ihr Menschen!

OK: click button “Google Translate” into ...... Russian?? ... no - - English!
Yes, that is better!
Hupferlesia Löffelei here!
Mi-Chi is asleep and so I thought I would sneak my oooooold bones out of the glass cabinet in the bedroom, where I now live and write down the story of my life.
It will be a looooong story, since I am 62 years old, a year older than Mi-Chi.
Mi-Chi- that's her “sweet- name” from her Ada, Fjodor, who had many fake names, too many to remember....
So:
In the Beginning....
I was made in a factory – but it was not the one from Margarete Steiff but the joint was called “Schuco”
and a few month later I was displayed in the window of a small toy store in the large harbour city of Hamburg. That is, where Mi-Chi's parents bought me. Ada had seen me in that window and told Mäuzi to get me for her for her very first Saide' = Spring Equinox celebration.
Mi-Chi was only 3 months old and barely could keep her head up, but when Mäuzi carried her into the livingroom on Saide' morning, she saw me and grabbed me by my left!!! ear and since then we we are together!
(See – Left is important!
Left comes from Spirit, while right comes from the mind – or ego, how you call it in your language...)
Oh, I forgot, to tell you, WHY Ada had picked out me, a Rabbit, for Mi-Chi's first Saide' – I think, you call it Ostara, right?
See, For Ada's people, the Uryanchai in Siberia, Saide' or Ostara is a very important feast day:
It marks the return of Kaltje, one of the 8 daughters of Bayan Ayyi’st , the revered Milk Lake Mother, who lives in the Upper World and releases Aami Souls of the clan to be reborn into little babies.
On Saide' Kaltje comes down to the Middle World,where we live and walks the land in the company of her Rabbit Miahanit = Guide/ familliar - and Spring and warmer weather comes in her foot steps. Seeeee! THAT”S, where I come in!
And NO!!!!!
I am NOT the Easter Bunny, but the idea of the Easter Bunny came from Kaltje's Miahanit. In western Europe Kaltje is called Ostara. And in other cultures Kaltje and her Rabbit have other names..... Nanabojou for example here with the Ojibwa People, but that is a male, while Kaltje's Rabbit is female.....
Well, back to my story:
Mi-Chi's mother Mäzi called me Hupfi. Mi-Chi could not fot the life of her say “Kaltje”, she was still too small and so I became Hupfi.'
When Mi- Chi was a little older, Ada explained all about Kaltje and how important her Rabbit is and so Mi-Chi decided, that I should be the Queen of her Animal empire!
I became Hupferlesia Loffelei = Egg Spoon. I got a golden crown, that was VERY big and heavy and I also got very nice cloths. When Mi-Chi got dolls as gifts from Mäuzi's Gypsy relatives, she always took the dresses off of these dolls, put the dolls into some dark corner and put them on me! :) Mi-Chi was NOT very popular with Mäuzi's relatives for that. They said, that she had “the Dark Magic”.
That of Animals and Spirits and Devils, that howled in the night!
That is true, she does, she is of the Wolf Clan of Ada's family and she got the “gift- curse” of Ulali Kham, her Shaman great Grandmother and of granny Aniani, Ada's mom.
I could tell you endless interesting stories about how I reigned on / in Schleiflerland and how Mi-Chi learned more and more of her heritage and in her school, how bad she struggled with math – and I will – tell more, but now it is 5.00 am and I have to get back into my glass cabinet, because Peter will get up soon and would be shocked out of his socks seeing me here typing on Mi-Shell's poooooter.
Talk to you soon!
Signed:
Hupferlesia Löffelei,
secret Queen of Kawpakwakog River, Muskoka, Canada in 6 feet of snow

Attachments

• DSCN3380 (600 x 800).jpg
    DSCN3380 (600 x 800).jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 125

WolfyJames

I've been always gaga crazy about stuffed animals. I don't remember much before age 5-6 but I know I definitively had many stuffed animals. I've always found dolls creepy and the only doll I've had as a child was the baby version of Cabbage Patch Kids dolls one Christmas, which I brought everywhere. I remember my mother knitted a blanket for my Cabbage Patch Kids doll because she though it was freezing. I liked to put all my stuffed animals on my bed so I'd sleep with them, but I had so many stuff animals there was barely any place for me to lay down, and when I'd wake up most of them were on the floor. I felt down about it because I loved them all and I wanted to play and sleep with them too, I didn't want them to feel unloved by me. So I came up with a fair system where I'd focus on 2-3 stuffed on a day, 2-3 on another day, 2-3 on another day, etc., and it worked. One of them was a dog I saw at the hospital's store, I was there as a kid for a surgery for my thumb, because of my illness, and when I woke up after the surgery the dog was there, my mother had bought it.

When I left home and got my own place I brought with me all of my stuffed animals. But I gave most of them away and kept my favorites, because I had quite a lot and some of them were big too.

I could take a pic later about the ones I have.

RiverRunsDeep

What an adorable thread! I love the stories everyone has shared.

My paternal grandmother gave me my very first stuffed animal when I was a newborn; it was a lovely little white lamb, which became known as "Lamby-Pie". It used to have two ears, and now only has one because I always carried it by its ear. I still have Lamby-Pie; it is gray and matted and grungy, but I happened to look inside its remaining ear, and the fur inside of it is still brand new and pink!! I'm not sure what my grandmother had in mind when she gave it to me, but that dear little lamb always made me feel safe, calm, warm, and loved. When I was a child, it always slept next to me, tucked under the covers with its head on the pillow. :heart: