The Good Tarot by Colette Baron-Reid

FLizarraga

Thanks for the video, ana luisa! :)

I am a big Colette Baron-Reid fan but to me, this didn't feel like a tarot deck and I didn't connect with the people in the images at all.

Alas, my sentiments exactly. While the soft focus does not necessarily bother me, I find the imagery too vague and confusing (e.g., the Lovers and Strength are practically interchangeable) and the symbolism way too watered down, like in the Death card. I think the book will probably be more interesting that the deck.

It sort of pains me to pass on a Colette Baron-Reid deck, but I will on this one.

G6

Thanks for the video, ana luisa! :)

Alas, my sentiments exactly. While the soft focus does not necessarily bother me, I find the imagery too vague and confusing (e.g., the Lovers and Strength are practically interchangeable) and the symbolism way too watered down, like in the Death card. I think the book will probably be more interesting that the deck.

It sort of pains me to pass on a Colette Baron-Reid deck, but I will on this one.

Wow, Fliz, I didn't know you were a CBR fan. What's your fav?

FLizarraga

Wow, Fliz, I didn't know you were a CBR fan. What's your fav?

<whispering> Let's talk about it in the Oracles department, lest the mods kill us.

<loudly> TAROT! TAROT!

G6

<whispering> Let's talk about it in the Oracles department, lest the mods kill us.

<loudly> TAROT! TAROT!

Lol, that's right! Where would we talk about it there though?

RiverRunsDeep

I handled some of the cards at the weekend at a Hay House event and actually cancelled my pre-order as a result. I am a big Colette Baron-Reid fan but to me, this didn't feel like a tarot deck and I didn't connect with the people in the images at all.

Oh, that is disappointing to hear. :(

Astilano

Thank you for video.
Deck looks a bit unusual to me. But... i have Wisdom of the oracle, and it is works perfect and has very good book with it.
Also i love the cooperation Colette Baron-Reid with Jena DellaGrottaglia.
I am sure new deck will be work good its special way when you get used to it.

Bscotty38

Received The Good Tarot

I love this deck and connected with it immediately. This is not traditional tarot, but it is very powerful. Colette herself says it is an oracle with a tarot structure. You won't find any "negative" or scary cards here. Even the swords suit is surprisingly positive. This might turn off the traditionalist, but I like it. Each card is given some key words and a positive affirmation. It would be great for working with the law of attraction. All in all a beautiful deck.

Gwynydd

Ooh! Thanks for sharing your thoughts! I thought I'd love it before I saw it, because I like her other decks. I sort of liked the photos on here, but the lovers card throws me. But I am intrigued, because I do love her tasty brand of LOA :D

Essjay

My copy has arrived and I'm pleasantly surprised. Being Hay House it has a high production value, stunning backs and truly beautiful cards.

I do (or did, my tastes are changing) like a dark tarot deck. However, it's always good to have a change but I did worry that this deck would be too oracular in nature. I have to be honest and say that the least successful deck is the Swords. The meaning is hard to divine - and it's hard to put a spin on the three of Swords to be fair. The majors work in a traditional sense (the tower is perfectly intact, death is transformation etc).

All-in-all, very beautiful. It may work better if you're new to tarot or need a deck for nervous clients but if you go by imagery it would be tricky to get some of the minors to give a recognisable reading. It's fine if you know the meanings backwards or what to view it as part-tarot and part-oracle too I would imagine.

Booklioness

Thank you for posting this. I am not usually attracted to 'fluffy' angel type cards, but this deck really pulls to me. The art work is stunning. I love lions, so having them on the Emperor, Love and Strength cards are a bonus for me. While it doesn't follow the Rider/Waite structure, it still looks very intuitive. I'm just discovering Collette's work.