Prehistoric animal spirit guides?

BrightEye

Over the past year or so I've developed a great interest in prehistoric marine life, partly because the place where I was born was once under the ocean (around 30 million years ago). I've become very interested in that history, as well as how the landscape records history (in the form of fossils, for example). In the process I've become quite attached to ammonites.

We talk a lot about animal spirit guides on this board but they tend to be animals that are living on this planet today. Does anyone have experience with spirit guides from extinct species? Does this kind of animal spirit guide exist at all?

celticnoodle

I would say yes, this kind of animal spirit guide does exist! I don't have any spirit guides from extinct species, but species are going extinct all the time. It doesn't diminish their ability to become a spirit guide/power animal, etc.

Have you googled to see what it says for one of your possible extinct animals? I did google "dinosaur power animal" and it brought up a few sites--one here: http://www.animalspirits.com/dinosaur3.html

So, apparently my thoughts were correct, that just because they are now extinct doesn't limit them from being our power animal. In fact, I just recalled that once I had a psychic card reader by a gentleman who was also able to see spirits and guides. He did a reading for me and saw the Phoenix for me--who was at the time an apparent guide. (nearly forgot about that!). When he explained what the Phoenix was in my life at the time for, it made perfect sense and at the time, I did need that guidance. So, yeah!, not only can extinct animals be a spirit guide but also mystical animals too. :)

here is a site for the Phoenix as a Power Animal: http://catsandowlsandcrows.blogspot.com/2013/04/the-phoenix-power-animal-or-spirit-guide.html

BrightEye

Thank you for the links, CN. And you're right, species go extinct all the time - sadly. And then there are many species in the ocean, for example, that we don't know about yet.

I did find information on the power animal characteristics of ammonites, and that would fit with what's going on in my life at the moment. I've also read that because most ancient species that have survived to this day have done so in fossilised form, they straddle the divide between animal and mineral, which is interesting in itself. As such, they are part of the earth in a way that living organisms are not. They are also found in the earth and in the landscape, which is of personal interest to me.

banbha

I agree with CN, why not have a spirit guide from an extinct species.

If you are looking to ancient marine life there are also living fossils like horseshoe crabs who've been around for 450 million yrs! The Nautilus is another great example. There are many very ancient sharks too.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Living_fossil

These living fossils are some of the most fascinating creatures. Like the Echidina who lays eggs; or the opossum, America's only marsupial.

BrightEye

I love the nautilus, the shape and form of its shell in particular. They are related to ammonites from what I gather.

BrightEye

Every day on my way to work I walk past a little shop that sells Tarot decks, jewellery beads and fossils. Recently, they've had ammonite fossils in the window. I'm in love with them. I think I need to buy one. They speak to me.

Falcor

Every day on my way to work I walk past a little shop that sells Tarot decks, jewellery beads and fossils. Recently, they've had ammonite fossils in the window. I'm in love with them. I think I need to buy one. They speak to me.

Go for it. I am waiting for a picture!

BrightEye

Go for it. I am waiting for a picture!

I will post photos, of the new acquisition if I decide to go for it, and the ammonite babies already in my possession :D

Falcor

I will post photos, of the new acquisition if I decide to go for it, and the ammonite babies already in my possession :D

XD, I had no doubt you'll get them.

I wonder what they'll tell you.

BrightEye

The new ammonite is part of this household as of yesterday. What do I do with it now?