View Single Post
Citizen

Genna 
The Fairy Tale Lenormand

My favourite is Fairy Tale Lenormand, illustrated by Lisa Hunt in a beautiful green tin. It is inspired by intelligent fairytales like The selfish giant by Oscar Wilde, Rikki Tikki Tavi by Rudyard Kipling, fairytales from different countries and the old well-known loved fairy tales like Cinderella and Snow-White Little Red Ridinghood and Rapunzel, all told in the little book. You do not have to read it or care about the fairy tales, for the pictures are traditional and not fussy, the story is only possible to recognize if you know about it; you see the great anchor and The Little Mermaid is very small in the background (but I love that she is there). But you can read a GT and never notice the fairytales.
I love it because I love the stories and Lisa Hunt´s illustrations (and the lovely tin), and the book that is in the tin. There are two peasants; Cinderella and the chinese peasant and the tiger, and a princess and prince, because there are (mostly) peasants and royalty in fairy tales, so there are two ladies and two gentlemen.
Top   #13