Our strongest "magic" is that we make ourselves

greatdane

I think of magic as just channeling energy. Focus. Whether some call it praying, spells, working magic, it is about energy and learning to focus and channel.

I write my own intentions.

This is not to say working with others is not helpful, but I think it is important to have an idea of ones self and how to best focus and what you wish to channel and how. No one can tell me what works best for me.

I have books, get ideas from many sources, philosophies, religions, I meditate, work with my focus, in the end, it is what works best for me.

Anyone want to share how they work with energy?

Apollonia

I think of magic as just channeling energy. Focus. Whether some call it praying, spells, working magic, it is about energy and learning to focus and channel.

I write my own intentions.

This is not to say working with others is not helpful, but I think it is important to have an idea of ones self and how to best focus and what you wish to channel and how. No one can tell me what works best for me.

I have books, get ideas from many sources, philosophies, religions, I meditate, work with my focus, in the end, it is what works best for me.

Anyone want to share how they work with energy?
I agree with you 100%, greatdane! I do candle work and I have often tried to get my clients to do it for themselves rather than having me do it for them, because I think no one can be more fervent, focused, or dedicated to remediating a situation than the person whose own life is being affected by that situation.

Like you, I gather information from many diverse sources and paths. I believe in our ability to manifest through creative visualization, and I absolutely believe in the power of focused prayer, so I do a lot of shamanic work, candle work as I mentioned, plus I work a great deal with Ascended Masters, including Jesus, Melchizedek, Mary, and Ganesh.

greatdane

ah Apollonia

We are obviously sisters from another mister :).

The saying about power, spirit, energy coming from within so resonates for me. Like you, I study, research and then take what works best for me.

I do appreciate working with others, I appreciate when others send some positive energy my way, but in the end, like you mentioned, we are what takes in and gives out energy. We are our strongest tool.

celticnoodle

I also agree with you both. I draw mostly from my Catholic faith--because it is what I am most familiar with. so, my meditation prayer time is generally meditating on the rosary. I do also call on Mary, the B.M., Jesus, Archangel Michael and the other Archangels, and specific saints for specific wants/needs.

there is also another thread here on A.T. started by Holmes on manifesting things and I shared on there how I also manifest things. But, prayer and meditation are biggies for me to get what I need or want or what others need and want.

When we were house hunting, I took with me a medal of St. Joseph and touched it to the door that we entered to - and said a quick prayer to St. Joe to help us get the house, after we took a look through it and I knew it was the house I wanted. I plan to do this to help us sell our farmhouse in record time with St. Joe again. Only I'm going to do it with prayers, St. Joe medals and a St. Joseph statue that you are suppose to bury in your yard, but I'm thinking of just keeping him in the front window. I also have some citrine crystals to bury at the 4 corners of the house - all which is to help with the sale of a home.

Generally, I use only prayer meditations and visualizations--but it really depends on what I want. I've made crystal grids for things as well. One has already payed off, the 2nd one has yet to come to be--but may still occur.

GD, your post here
The saying about power, spirit, energy coming from within so resonates for me.
is what I also believe in very much. Some of this visualization that I use and have used in past years I also learned from my grandparents. They also believed and practiced this.

G6

I agree with you 100%, greatdane! I do candle work and I have often tried to get my clients to do it for themselves rather than having me do it for them, because I think no one can be more fervent, focused, or dedicated to remediating a situation than the person whose own life is being affected by that situation.

Like you, I gather information from many diverse sources and paths. I believe in our ability to manifest through creative visualization, and I absolutely believe in the power of focused prayer, so I do a lot of shamanic work, candle work as I mentioned, plus I work a great deal with Ascended Masters, including Jesus, Melchizedek, Mary, and Ganesh.

Would you describe your shamanic work, candle work and what practices you suggest to people? Also, any sources (books etc) you recommend? Looking for details, thanks.

🙏🏻

G6

Apollonia

Would you describe your shamanic work, candle work and what practices you suggest to people? Also, any sources (books etc) you recommend? Looking for details, thanks.

🙏🏻

G6
That's a lot to put in a single post, but I'll cover a couple highlights and you can go from there.

Now, I know that there are others on this forum who can claim a long bloodline shamanic lineage, which I cannot, so I do not speak for anyone other than myself in any of what follows. It is my truth. I speak for no one else.

For a good intro to core shamanic work, I would suggest starting with Sandra Ingerman's Shamanic Journeying: A Beginner's Guide. From that book, you can get a good basic foundation of how to journey and figure out whether you like journeying. You also won't go far wrong with any of Ted Andrews's books.

If you are being called to do shamanic work for others, Spirit will tell you, often via a dream, which is what happened to me. At that point, if you feel you wish to do more intensive work, such as soul retrievals, space clearing, etc., I strongly recommend formal training with a teacher, because if you start to do this work without proper guidance and preparation, you could find yourself in some unpleasant, even hazardous circumstances .

I got into candle work by reading Miss Catherine Yronwode's free online book, "Hoodoo in Theory and Practice," and then by taking her correspondence course. If you are interested in that path, here's the link to the online book:
http://www.luckymojo.com/hoodoo.html

I would say, just go and read the parts that interest you, order a few items, look at the forums, and see if any of it speaks to you. As I say, I took the entire course, and it was great fun, but afterwards I knew that I was not going to be doing a great deal of this, for myself or clients. The only thing I really loved and stuck with was the candle work, which was enough for me since it works.

Also, Miss Cat's radio show is a fount of information on hoodoo and she and her guest hosts do wonderful divinations for callers:
http://www.blogtalkradio.com/luckymojohoodoorootworkhour

Miss Cat is a controversial figure and some do not like her. I like her.

Other than these suggestions, I would just say to go ahead and study anything that interests you, and if one part interests you and the rest doesn't, keep what you like and get rid of the rest. Even the most concretized path started somewhere with people just deciding for themselves what worked for them and what didn't. Don't let anyone dictate to you what your path should be, and who or what should be on it.