View Single Post
Citizen

Trogon 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeyondtheVeil View Post
....by the Tarot Bug! I have purchased 5 new decks in two days! FIVE!
[snip]
Have any of you guys been bitten by the Tarot Bug lately? What have you been drawn to buy?
[snip]
I bought Prisma Visions Third Edition Tarot Deck. Then found Tarot of Pirates and Impressionist Tarot decks.
I to have been bitten by the Tarot Scarab. Though I was able to keep myself to 2 new decks (Hermetic Tarot and Tarot Illuminati), a small figure of a seated Ganesh (keeping him at work), and a new bag for one of the decks I bought. But I had to go in for instant gratification of the infection and went to Crystal Magic (a New Age shop here), so I could go home (well, actually to work) with my new purchases.

I've been looking at the Prisma Visions Tarot on-line. It looks like a beautiful and eminently usable deck. It's already on my wish-list. Probably just as well they didn't have it at Crystal Magic or I would've had 3 new decks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeyondtheVeil View Post
I am not sure I like the thin/fragile feel of the cards, but I could always laminate them if I think they are in danger of getting damaged. I am careful with my decks, but if they are used a lot I wonder how they will hold up.
I've noticed this with a few decks. For example, several from Lo Scarabeo are on thinner stock, such as the Egyptian Tarot, but they seem to work just fine (so far). Also the Sakki-Sakki Tarot feels a little thin, but handles great. On the other hand, the Tarot Illuminati from Lo Scarabeo is printed on fairly heavy card stock. I was a little more worried about that because I use a slightly modified faro shuffle and the first couple of shuffles I had a bit of trouble getting them to slide together.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barleywine View Post
There's no cure for this affliction. The old expression "Feed a cold, starve a fever" doesn't have a tarot equivalent. No curative "chicken soup" for you, but maybe a few of those Duck Soup decks would take the edge off, hmm?
Why did you have to mention Duck Soup decks??? My first thought was it was a Tarot using images from Marx Brothers movies ... and I immediately wanted it! Then, even worse ... I went to their web site and found two or three more decks that I want!!!!
Top   #19