View Single Post
Citizen

BeyondtheVeil 
Trogon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trogon View Post
I love Crystal Magic! There's also one in Sedona, and it's a bigger store with even more decks and books and stones and crystals and singing bowls and tons of incense and .... Yes, it's a dangerous store and we're going to try to go down there this weekend.
I would love to go to Sedona! We were thinking of making a trip {long} to AZ to see family. I wanted to swing into Sedona to check out all the cool things there. Any suggestions or places that I should see when I go? I always like recommendations. We probably won't go until the fall. I do wish I lived closer though.

Quote:
I was pretty lucky. It was Sunday that I bought my new decks, I had gone in early for work (I start at 3:00 pm on Sundays) and stopped on my way in. Fortunately, it was a very slow day at work, so I had several hours to look through them.
That is so cool! Not that you were slow, but that you had time to look through you decks and enjoy them. I still haven't gotten time to open the package of the Prisma Visions Tarot 3rd Edition. I just want to make sure that I have time to not have to hurry through the cards. lol

Quote:
No problem! Ask away! So far I really like the Tarot Illuminati. The card stock is quite thick and so it isn't as flexible as many other decks. Even though it's a Lo Scarabeo deck! The edges have a slightly rough feeling to them, but it's wearing down after some shufflings and handling. Also, when I was first going through the deck I found that the gilding on the edges tended to cause some of the cards to stick together. But they weren't terribly difficult to separate. So far I love the images, the colors are exquisite! They are quite detailed and feel quite alive. I'm actually going to be using this deck next week for the Deck of the Week next week and will have more impressions on it in that thread. I also posted some notes on both decks here.
Thanks love! I do tend to ask a lot of questions, so if I get on your nerves let me know. lol Wow a thick LoS deck! The ones I have are all super thin. I'm sorry about the edges being rough. Mine are all smooth at least. Gilding is beautiful, but it does stick. I wonder if the decks that stick the most are not given enough time to dry? I forgot which deck that I got that had gilding and it actually messed up some cards. I think it was an oracle called Psychic Tarot Oracle. I still use the deck, but it was kind of a bummer to have some cards messed up.
I hope that you enjoy using your deck for the Deck of the Week thread. I should sign up for that sometime also. I am not sure why I haven't yet. lol

Quote:
Definitely will let you know. Well, I'll be posting about it when I get it anyway.
I will look for it if you do. I hope that you love it!

Quote:
I kind of had that feeling the first time I got one of the thinner decks. But so far I haven't had any problems with any of them.
So far {knock on wood} that is my experience also. I don't shuffle like a poker player as I don't use reversals, so maybe that helps?

Quote:
I'm quite interested to read your impressions of the 78 Tarot Nautical. It's an interesting looking deck, but I'd be concerned about it feeling somewhat chaotic with all the different art styles.
I am interested to see if I like it as well as I think I do. lol I have decided because of some weird cards in the 78 Tarot Carnival that I won't be purchasing that deck. It has a child up on the 10 of Swords card. Just...NO. lol

Quote:
Thanks for the hugs & hugs back to you!
You are welcome! I love being happy and giving hugs!

Hugs,
BeyondtheVeil
Top   #22