Rattles

G6

Oh! (blushing...)
Thank you, Tanga!
Well, no, it is not a skull really but a drawing of a Siberian petroglyph of an Owl swooping in to aid a shaman. It is / was found on a rock quite near where my maternal Great grandmother lived and worked as a shaman. so I am sure, she knew the place. This rattle I made for my "becoming a Crone" = a year and a day after my last Moon bleed. That is, why it is red. Gourd for womb. It also has a Turtle petroglyph (Mother Earth) cut from Deer leather in the top center and other drawings. I will check, iffff I have more pictures.

The Bear Claw - that is just one of 4 sides/ sections of my special Medicine Rattle.
I did make a quite similar one for one of my long-time students. So there is a pic of that one and then one of the Steer horn rattle i made last year

Wow! Thanks for sharing! These are AWESOME! You made these? I really like the steer horn rattle. 😊

🙏🏻

G6

Tanga

Oh! (blushing...)
Thank you, Tanga!
Well, no, it is not a skull really but a drawing of a Siberian petroglyph of an Owl swooping in to aid a shaman. It is / was found on a rock quite near where my maternal Great grandmother lived and worked as a shaman. so I am sure, she knew the place. This rattle I made for my "becoming a Crone" = a year and a day after my last Moon bleed. That is, why it is red. Gourd for womb. It also has a Turtle petroglyph (Mother Earth) cut from Deer leather in the top center and other drawings. I will check, iffff I have more pictures...

Ahhhh - Croning!!
Well the attraction makes sense then.
I'm peri-menopausal. :) :)

...Beautiful!! :heart: