I've been bitten.....

Eadwine

Yes..you have definitely been bitten! This is a fun bug though! lol Let us know if you decide to get a new deck or any stones!

Thanks for sharing love! :heart:
BeyondtheVeil

Thank you for your sweet reply! :grin:

Well that trip went ENTIRELY different than I had thought!

The store had prices listed online for their items, got there, and it's almost double. Lots of making excuses and "but we're working on a new site" and blahblah, end result is that I left the store without buying anything.

New chances tomorrow when I am visiting a few stores with a friend, I think I'll have more luck then! :)

Oh I DID order me something online that I found in the library: The Tarot Bible - Sarah Bartlett ;)

BeyondtheVeil

Eadwine

Thank you for your sweet reply! :grin:

Well that trip went ENTIRELY different than I had thought!

The store had prices listed online for their items, got there, and it's almost double. Lots of making excuses and "but we're working on a new site" and blahblah, end result is that I left the store without buying anything.

New chances tomorrow when I am visiting a few stores with a friend, I think I'll have more luck then! :)

Oh I DID order me something online that I found in the library: The Tarot Bible - Sarah Bartlett ;)

Aww..I am so sorry love!! {{BIG HUGS}} I've had that happen before and it is so disappointing. I think that is why I decided to get an Amazon Prime Membership. lol Our local New Age Shop closed about 15 years ago lol when the lady moved to Florida. There have been attempts to open up New Age Stores around here with mixed reviews. One was in the super rich side of town and had prices to match. They are out of business. We had another one that never advertised except for the "Going out of Business Sale". That would have been nice to know we had one before then. lol The other one was here for almost 20 years but the owners retired and didn't want to keep doing it. So, I use Magickal Cat online or Amazon.

I am glad that you did find the Tarot Bible and I hope that you have better luck when you go with your friend! :heart: Make sure to update us and share what goodies that you bought!

Hugs! :heart:
BeyondtheVeil

Barleywine

Interesting that I also bought Bartlett's Tarot Bible at a local shop for cheap when I couldn't find a deck I wanted. So far what it's done is make me crave the Crystal Tarot even more. Le Fanu's review describing the minors as "Thoth-like" in terms of conveying a mood without resorting to narrative scenes was enough to sell me. This is a fairly simple beginner's book, but beautifully produced and a nice library addition.

page of ghosts

I think I must have been bitten too, because there are 3 decks and some books making their way to me. Found out I had some extra money this month so I treated myself to some new stationery and of course a few decks:

- Centennial RWS: I've been thinking about getting this for a long time and now it's finally happining! Think it might come tomorrow and I'm very excited for it. I know the RWS ok, but this edition will be fun to work with! No more red faces (I own the Original pack) :D

- Jolanda Tarot: The newer printing of the Swedish Witch Tarot. It's looking a lot like a story book and for some reason it reminds me of what I've seen of Tarot of the Moon Garden (it may actually not be very similar, heh). It seems very interesting! The book, in Swedish, is also ordered but will come later.

- The Thoth: ... what have I gotten myself into? I read that some cards in the Jolanda seemed Thoth-inspired and I have a few decks that do seem to have some Thoth in them and I wish to understand it more. This deck has been on my mind for some time, before I ordered the Jolanda, but that seemed to have been the final push! I've always thought of the Thoth as "the big guy", heavy with symbolism and mystical knowledge I can only hope to grasp some of, and built like a brick. Now the big guy is on its way :cool4:

BeyondtheVeil

Page of Ghosts

I think I must have been bitten too, because there are 3 decks and some books making their way to me. Found out I had some extra money this month so I treated myself to some new stationery and of course a few decks:

- Centennial RWS: I've been thinking about getting this for a long time and now it's finally happining! Think it might come tomorrow and I'm very excited for it. I know the RWS ok, but this edition will be fun to work with! No more red faces (I own the Original pack) :D

- Jolanda Tarot: The newer printing of the Swedish Witch Tarot. It's looking a lot like a story book and for some reason it reminds me of what I've seen of Tarot of the Moon Garden (it may actually not be very similar, heh). It seems very interesting! The book, in Swedish, is also ordered but will come later.

- The Thoth: ... what have I gotten myself into? I read that some cards in the Jolanda seemed Thoth-inspired and I have a few decks that do seem to have some Thoth in them and I wish to understand it more. This deck has been on my mind for some time, before I ordered the Jolanda, but that seemed to have been the final push! I've always thought of the Thoth as "the big guy", heavy with symbolism and mystical knowledge I can only hope to grasp some of, and built like a brick. Now the big guy is on its way :cool4:

It is contagious! :D lol You are spreading it again to me as I haven't looked at the Jolanda Tarot before. It is now on my wishlist! lol

I'm so excited for you love! {{HUGS}} Please make sure to come back to the thread to let us know what you think of your new decks and books. When I first joined, I was so intimidated by the Thoth and not sure if I even wanted to learn it. I guess my 'baby step" into it will be with the Sun and Moon Tarot when people share their experiences with that deck. I will need baby steps lol

I haven't seen the Jolanda Tarot before, but I had heard of the Swedish Witch. I am finding myself drawn to a lot of different types of decks lately. Ones that I may not have been open to before, but find myself mysterious drawn to now. Are you feeling that way? Or have you always been drawn to the Thoth? Congratulations on your new decks and books!!:thumbsup:

Thanks for sharing!:heart: I will be looking forward to hearing about your decks and what you think about them. I hope the cardstock is great on them as some of my new decks from LoS have been really thin. I like a thicker/sturdier cardstock for lots of shuffling.

:party:HAPPY DANCE FOR YOU!! :party:

Hugs,
BeyondtheVeil

page of ghosts

It is contagious! :D lol You are spreading it again to me as I haven't looked at the Jolanda Tarot before. It is now on my wishlist! lol

I'm so excited for you love! {{HUGS}} Please make sure to come back to the thread to let us know what you think of your new decks and books. When I first joined, I was so intimidated by the Thoth and not sure if I even wanted to learn it. I guess my 'baby step" into it will be with the Sun and Moon Tarot when people share their experiences with that deck. I will need baby steps lol

I haven't seen the Jolanda Tarot before, but I had heard of the Swedish Witch. I am finding myself drawn to a lot of different types of decks lately. Ones that I may not have been open to before, but find myself mysterious drawn to now. Are you feeling that way? Or have you always been drawn to the Thoth? Congratulations on your new decks and books!!:thumbsup:

Thanks for sharing!:heart: I will be looking forward to hearing about your decks and what you think about them. I hope the cardstock is great on them as some of my new decks from LoS have been really thin. I like a thicker/sturdier cardstock for lots of shuffling.

:party:HAPPY DANCE FOR YOU!! :party:

Hugs,
BeyondtheVeil

I'm feeling interested in some different decks than when I started out, yes. I'm kinda into the cutesy decks like Tarot of the Magical Forest and Dreaming Way, but recently I'm more into medieval and historical decks in general. I've never been one for the very soft decks where the "difficult" cards are so softened down that there is no challenge left in them - I would be surprised if I ever wanted something like that (but I feel it's best to never say never) !

Oh I definetely feel a little intimidated by the Thoth, but I got a book to go with it that I've heard is decent for newbies. It's a deck that's kind of hovered in the back of my mind and I thought I should get to it eventually since there are some decks I have that has some inspiration from it (Sun & Moon, now the Jolanda has a little of it too), but that eventually seems to be happening a little sooner than I expected. I think I'll study it and maybe compare some cards between decks to see what I make of it, but I'm sure I'll feel compelled to try out a reading even if I'm not super knowledgable with astrology and all that.

The Centennial came today and she is beautiful! I knew the lines would be thinner and I'd be able to make out some cards a lot better than in the RWS I already have, but it's much better than I imagined. I just compared my card of the day, Strength, from the Original vs. this one and the womans hand is miscoloured as the same as the lion, as well as the floral thing is not coloured in so you can see it wraps around the lion. And the Fool has a little bird on his bag.. so many exciting details!

Jolanda showed up as well and yeah, Carojulie adviced me to get the book if I can read it so it's good that I've ordered it. There is a lot going on here that makes me wanna read what the Swedish witch herself thought when she designed the deck with Hans Arnold. There is some ancient Egyptian imagery going on, like sphinxes and camels, as well as some cards that remind me of Astrid Lindgren stories (Swedish childrens book writer) and home with birch trees. I'm very fond of the moose in the Sun card - I don't know about other parts of the world but here the moose is known as the king of the forest as well as "moose in sunset"-paintings being very iconic and kitschy. The deck is oop, I think, not very cheap on amazon at least, but I found a shop in Oslo who has an online store and sold it for a decent price. Not the thickest cardstock, but it's not a dealbreaker for me. Some of my LS decks are not that thick but I haven't compared to see which is thinnest.

EmpyreanKnight

The Centennial came today and she is beautiful! I knew the lines would be thinner and I'd be able to make out some cards a lot better than in the RWS I already have, but it's much better than I imagined. I just compared my card of the day, Strength, from the Original vs. this one and the womans hand is miscoloured as the same as the lion, as well as the floral thing is not coloured in so you can see it wraps around the lion. And the Fool has a little bird on his bag.. so many exciting details!

I know you'd enjoy the Centennial, page of ghosts. It's the deck that finally made the RWS sing for me too. And oh what a beautiful voice it has.

Eadwine

Interesting that I also bought Bartlett's Tarot Bible at a local shop for cheap when I couldn't find a deck I wanted. So far what it's done is make me crave the Crystal Tarot even more. Le Fanu's review describing the minors as "Thoth-like" in terms of conveying a mood without resorting to narrative scenes was enough to sell me. This is a fairly simple beginner's book, but beautifully produced and a nice library addition.
Interesting indeed. Makes one wonder hahaha. It came in today, and I knew I would love it as I saw it in the library already. Very happy with that book.

Aww..I am so sorry love!! {{BIG HUGS}} I've had that happen before and it is so disappointing. I think that is why I decided to get an Amazon Prime Membership. lol Our local New Age Shop closed about 15 years ago lol when the lady moved to Florida. There have been attempts to open up New Age Stores around here with mixed reviews. One was in the super rich side of town and had prices to match. They are out of business. We had another one that never advertised except for the "Going out of Business Sale". That would have been nice to know we had one before then. lol The other one was here for almost 20 years but the owners retired and didn't want to keep doing it. So, I use Magickal Cat online or Amazon.

I am glad that you did find the Tarot Bible and I hope that you have better luck when you go with your friend! :heart: Make sure to update us and share what goodies that you bought!

Hugs! :heart:
BeyondtheVeil
Thanks!! I got the pocket Thoth Tarot. It IS in Dutch though, that takes some getting used to, but I will make it work. How do I find out which version this is exactly, as I understood there are more than one (confusing!). This is the one that says ©1986 by AGMüller, CH-Neuhausen. Comes with a teeny tiny booklet, so cute :laugh:

The deck smells like the store, all incensey.. :laugh:

C_McQueen

I bought Crystal Visions today. The lady at the shop I went to pointed out that I am "investing in my gift" and I really liked that point of view.

BeyondtheVeil

C_McQueen

I bought Crystal Visions today. The lady at the shop I went to pointed out that I am "investing in my gift" and I really liked that point of view.

Crystal Visions along with Everyday Witch Tarot are my current favorite decks to read with. I just received my Sun and Moon Tarot Deck so we will see if these will be my three favorite reading decks. lol

I hope that you enjoy the Crystal Visions :)

Hugs,
BeyondtheVeil