View Single Post
Resident

Eadwine 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barleywine View Post
Interesting that I also bought Bartlett's Tarot Bible at a local shop for cheap when I couldn't find a deck I wanted. So far what it's done is make me crave the Crystal Tarot even more. Le Fanu's review describing the minors as "Thoth-like" in terms of conveying a mood without resorting to narrative scenes was enough to sell me. This is a fairly simple beginner's book, but beautifully produced and a nice library addition.
Interesting indeed. Makes one wonder hahaha. It came in today, and I knew I would love it as I saw it in the library already. Very happy with that book.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeyondtheVeil View Post
Aww..I am so sorry love!! {{BIG HUGS}} I've had that happen before and it is so disappointing. I think that is why I decided to get an Amazon Prime Membership. lol Our local New Age Shop closed about 15 years ago lol when the lady moved to Florida. There have been attempts to open up New Age Stores around here with mixed reviews. One was in the super rich side of town and had prices to match. They are out of business. We had another one that never advertised except for the "Going out of Business Sale". That would have been nice to know we had one before then. lol The other one was here for almost 20 years but the owners retired and didn't want to keep doing it. So, I use Magickal Cat online or Amazon.

I am glad that you did find the Tarot Bible and I hope that you have better luck when you go with your friend! Make sure to update us and share what goodies that you bought!

Hugs!
BeyondtheVeil
Thanks!! I got the pocket Thoth Tarot. It IS in Dutch though, that takes some getting used to, but I will make it work. How do I find out which version this is exactly, as I understood there are more than one (confusing!). This is the one that says ©1986 by AGMüller, CH-Neuhausen. Comes with a teeny tiny booklet, so cute

The deck smells like the store, all incensey..
Top   #48