WHEN are you MOST in your...Element :-)

greatdane

Triple Whammy, Padma...yeah so surprising I like AIR :)

Sun, Aquarius Rising, Libra Moon, Libra :)

Flames

I'm a Gemini, as well, and my Moon is in Cancer...so, I love thunderstorms, especially at night, and anything water - by the Moon. :) In that space, I feel completely at home. Also, when I write, my landscape seems to include myself sitting on a rock by the sea...and from that place, my imagination just soars.

celticnoodle

I am an air sign but, oddly, I feel most in my element in "earthy" situations. Walking barefoot in the sand or grass, hiking in the woods, handling stones and crystals. Such soothing, calming energies.

I am much like this too RRD.

When I'm at the ocean or standing in a trout stream in the middle of a forest. I'm not a swimmer but as a Cardinal Water sign I love moving water of all kinds.
and this too.

I feel most in my element when I am standing on the earth, and I'm near water. I am an Air sign, (Libra) and I am a real air head, so I truly need something to ground me and why i think I feel most comfortable in the woods--or on the beach.

I have a lot of water in my horoscope--and am a Cancer rising. My moon is in Pisces--as I said, I have A LOT of water in my chart.

Currently, our river house is the PERFECT spot for me to feel good. As soon as I walk in and go to open the livingroom curtains, I just feel so good and grounded. Our livingroom window looks out onto the river and you cannot see any of the homes around us. I love waterfalls. I love the ocean, the river, lakes, any water, though I cannot swim well. I also LOVE the forest, woods, beaches--and always did. I feel whole in these areas, so our river home is perfect for me! And with wooded hiking spots all around us (including on the other side of the river from our home), its no wonder its my heaven on earth. :D

and thunderstorms and heavy rain--:thumbsup: also one of my FAVORITE things to experience! :D

GREAT thread again, Greatdane! :thumbsup:

RiverRunsDeep

I am much like this too RRD.

I feel most in my element when I am standing on the earth, and I'm near water. I am an Air sign, (Libra) and I am a real air head, so I truly need something to ground me and why i think I feel most comfortable in the woods--or on the beach.

Thanks for pointing this out, CN, it really helps to clarify things for me. :thumbsup: I am a Libra as well, and I spend a lot of time living in my head, so I guess it isn't so odd that I am comfortable with earthy elements. Makes sense that I would feel rejuvenated by their grounding influence.

celticnoodle

Thanks for pointing this out, CN, it really helps to clarify things for me. :thumbsup: I am a Libra as well, and I spend a lot of time living in my head, so I guess it isn't so odd that I am comfortable with earthy elements. Makes sense that I would feel rejuvenated by their grounding influence.

Glad it resonated, RRD. :)

Tanga

(Capricorn/Earth with Gemini/Air rising - does it match? :joke:. **I have 5 planets in Capricorn.)

I like thunderstorms and the smell of rain. I always want to go out onto the rooftop in a thunderstorm skyclad ;) - Particularly by twilight or moonlight. I feel wildly alive.
I love forests with all the forest sounds of life - rustlings, creepings, squeakings, hootings etc.
I want to creep through the forest myself and find out exactly what is making all those sounds (I used to know all these in the land of my birth - but where I am now - I still wonder as I never quite learned all the new wildlife.).
I love the sound of the wind through the trees ("who has seen the wind? neither you nor I - but when the trees bow down their heads - the WIND is passing by...").

And I love the open starry night sky.

Morwenna

GD, you do come up with the greatest thread ideas! :D

I'm mainly air & water: sun sign Aquarius square moon sign Scorpio. (At war with myself...) And all my life I've been drawn to water, though since I grew up with much more access to fresh water than to salt water, I'd much rather swim in the former. Doesn't mean I don't enjoy walking on the beach at low tide! When I was a child I swam every chance I got, even though sometimes it wasn't really swimming, just playing in the water. Even now I love the sound of rushing water, the smell of it, the look of a lake; if I had my druthers I'd have a riverfront or lakefront vacation cottage. And I love rowing!

And I do like rainy days (though not too many in a row; that can get dreary and boring). I especially love to walk on misty cloudy days and revel in the scenery, natural scenery but manmade too. In spring and fall the colors of the flowers or leaves seem to pop on gray days! And what's more beautiful than an early morning in winter just after a snowfall?

The air part comes in smelling the water/earth/smoke/whatever while walking. But I don't like wind, never did; a strong wind is like a slap in the face and I can't strike back! (And of course when I was a lot younger I groused about getting my carefully styled hair messed up. :)) But there's nothing more refreshing than a breeze on a hot day.

I could probably talk a bit as well about what attracts me about the other two elements, but that wasn't the question... :)

HearthCricket

Taking a walk in the woods on a quiet early morning, listening to the birds sing, the brooks bubble, the faeries at their revels!

An autumn afternoon, when the sun is starting to doze, the colours are bright and glowing, fallen leaves crunching under my feet, and the feel of a heavy frost approaching!

Late at night standing outside in the middle of my yard, snowflakes starting to come down, the trees snapping from the bitter cold, the deep, dark silence before the blizzard hits, when the owls hoot their warning calls for all creatures to hunker down.

:D

Ace

I am Aquarius and Taurus so you would think maybe air and (I don't know what Taurus is) but I am most grounded at water AND Earth!

I like to imagine being back to my childhood at this excellent beach we used to go to. We would dig into the sand at the edge of the water and find water then sit in it. That image grounds me.

barb

greatdane

Am so loving reading where you all feel most in your element :)

And for some, it seems a lovely mix. For me, while I love all the Elements, having my Sun, Moon and Ascending signs all Air, I am not surprised why I feel as I do about Air and all things surrounding it.

I hope more post about where they feel most in their element as I think it is so cool to read all the mental pictures all of you wrote :). It's like a vacation.