View Single Post
Resident

DJP 

Quote:
Originally Posted by headincloud View Post
May I pose a question - If someone was highly psychically developed and they were given a pack of tarot cards to read for the first time with no base knowledge of such do you perceive that they'd be reading tarot or practising divination using psychic ability. It's fine I guess but it's not what I personally am trying to achieve here, I want first hand knowledge of the tarot.

Another thing that puzzles me is why some seem to assume they know better than the sacred knowledge of the age old tried and tested system.
These are good points. But I still think that, no matter how you read, you ARE using the Tarot system if you're using the full pack of cards. The very structure of the deck seems to have something to it. And again, the imagery is often very evocative of the card's traditional meaning.

And I don't think it's about knowing better than the age old wisdom, just personalizing it. Like spirituality, you find what works for you.

Also, you get some people that say, if you're not using trad. Marseille decks, then you're disregarding the evolutionary wisdom of the Tarot imagery. But this is too purist an approach for me.
Top   #54