I washed off my invisible energies?

jumptothemoonyea

Trying to convince my weight scale to drop a few pounds, I measured my weight before and after taking a shower. And hooray!!! 2 pounds were gone after the shower. Where'd they gone? Had I shrunk? Had I washed off some of the chi/qi/life force/astral/spiritual :mad: energies. Does that mean they could be weighed? And no, I did not have 2 pounds of dirt or used toilet :D This is even more efficient than jogging :) Does anyone have idea what happened?

Fulgour

At any given time, a made for home use bathroom scale
is only required to be accurate to within +/- 3% of your
actual weight... and sometimes even that's a stretch. :)

zorya

i was going to say what fulgour said. :D

a related idea, is the theory that after death, the body loses 21 grams+/- of weight, that cannot be accounted for.

jumptothemoonyea

Thankyou Fulgour, I agree. My scales definitely wrong by +10 lb :). But the 2 pounds of my invisible, non-physical energies were gone for sure. The scale is digital with LCD display. I checked a few times - could not believe myself.

zorya

btw, i do believe we can wash off negative energies. i've never thought of the possibility of them having weight.

maybe you could test your theory out a few more times, and let us know how it goes? i'd try it myself, but i don't own a scale.

Fulgour

jumptothemoonyea said:
The scale is digital with LCD display.
Unless you are being weighed on a "Doctor's Scale"
(and these are regulated by the FDA) it's ballpark.

Funny thing about "Digital" scales is they are only
mechanical scales with a digital display readout.

Chronata

This is really a fascinating subject! Definitely something to think about!

I know that when I feel loaded down with negative stuff, or have been sponging other people's emotions...that I do feel lots lighter after a shower!

I always thought of it as an aura cleansing...but the idea that it has physical weight doesn't actually surprise me at all!

Because I can always feel all the extra weight on my neck, pushing down on my shoulders...and then it seems to go away after meditation, or washing!

I am now gonna watch for this in the future!

Course...that means I may have to buy a scale...which is something that I have cleverly avoided for a while now!

zorya

hey chronata,

if either of us ever do buy a scale, maybe we should try weighing ourselves before and after meditating or doing spritual cleanses, too.

Fulgour

R&D by a Liberal Arts Major

Ok... my true story. I worked in Research and Development
for the Brearley Company of Rockford, Illinois, manufactures
of "Counselor" scales, and long out of business. Four years,
skinny me just out of college, doing drafting and file work.

A "SCALE" is a kind of rack and pinion device, with the new
digital models sometimes having a very sophisticated little
strain guage... an electronic rack and pinion. But then...
if you get on and off the scale once or twice before finally
seeing what a scale will show as your weight, it really helps.

It's called "seating" the scale, sort of like giving it a few spins.
So many wonderful friends I remember from there... s-i-g-h

jumptothemoonyea

Thank you Fulgour, Zorya and Chronata for sharing your thoughts on this strange observation

Zorya - what makes you think, those are negative energies being washed off? We do carry positive and negative ones :) could it be that negative are more loosely attached?

Update for the experiment:

yesterday: nothing happened. No weight evaporating before and after shower. :(
today: yesssss!!! it happened again - 2 pounds are gone after shower :D

Another observation - I walk 30 minutes outside before shower. Yesterday I overslept and missed the walk. Could it be while I walk, some energies loosen their grasp on me and let go during the shower?