Your Altar

BodhiSeed

Shade, I love the Ostara altar with all the flowers and bunnies!
Simply beautiful!

Many Blessings,
Bodhran

tarotbear

Oh! This is wonderful! Please everyone - if you create a Samhain altar, please take a picture and share with us! What beautiful altars!

TheOld

Hello all,
Theres my portable altar, if you look there bag to put everythings in it so i can go anywhere with it :)
for me it's a tools and i don't like my tool to be stuck somewhere so i have done one that i can transport with me ;)

Power
Omeada

Attachments

• thealtar.jpg
    thealtar.jpg
    109.1 KB · Views: 344
  • thealtarbig.jpg
    thealtarbig.jpg
    121.6 KB · Views: 321

bleuivy

Everyone's altars look gorgeous! Just reading this thread has given me tons of ideas. I think one of my November projects is going to be to rebuild my altar. I had one all through college, but my room at home is so full that it didn't fit. Now I'm going to see how I can work with the space I have.

Milfoil

So far, so good. All the comments, suggestions, help and advice have really broadened my view of what an altar is!

I have my building blocks now and hopefully should have an image to post soon.

tarotbear

bleuivy said:
Everyone's altars look gorgeous! Just reading this thread has given me tons of ideas. I think one of my November projects is going to be to rebuild my altar. I had one all through college, but my room at home is so full that it didn't fit. Now I'm going to see how I can work with the space I have.

Think 'walls.' You can put an altar on a small shelf, or even a corner shelf, if need be. It can also be 'in' something, such as a small wooden cabinet with a mirror in the front - sort of like a small medicine cabinet.

bleuivy

tarotbear said:
Think 'walls.' You can put an altar on a small shelf, or even a corner shelf, if need be. It can also be 'in' something, such as a small wooden cabinet with a mirror in the front - sort of like a small medicine cabinet.

Ooooh, I really like the idea of putting an altar 'in' something. I also for some reason had never thought of putting an altar on a shelf. I can see rebuilding my altar will be a very creative process. Thanks, tarotbear!

tarotbear

Yes - a shelf with candles and feathers and rocks is not going to compete for anyone's attentions as to 'so, what is this thing?'

As far as cabinets, I was thinking about Mexican 'Day of the Dead' stuff that you see in southwest shops. A small wall cabinet with a fancy front or a mirror works. Just open the door(s) to 'use' your altar, close it up when done. It's called 'hiding something in plain sight.'

Milfoil

finally a photo

I remembered an old writing slope I bought a few years ago from a thrift shop. It was in pretty bad shape and had been stripped of all its usefull bits so was really only a box. This makes a perfect little alter for me, I have spent the weekend repairing the veneer and polishing so that now I can keep everything in one place and bring out what I want depending on occasion.

Here are a couple of photos, one just of the box and one being used as the altar. The small box at the front holds my tarot deck.

September Pixie

I am actually looking forward to updating my altar collections.. I am hoping next paycheck for a new wand, a new cloth, and perhaps a statue or two ;) Your altar looks great!! Looking forward to seeing later additions to ppls altars :D