The Garner deck (R.G. Tarot deck)

Daimayo

Hi all... well i'm looking for information about a rare tarot deck: R.G. tarot deck... o Richard Gardner deck. I'm hear about it playing one of my favorite PC games: Silent hill 3... in the game exist some of the cards that one must use in a puzzle and describe like the "gardner deck", I'm not sure that they are the same deck, but i look for in the web and only found reference to the R.G. tarot deck (Richard Garner deck)... Anyway the cards likes me a lot, I want a copy of them... someone have some information about the deck???

For advance... Thank you very much.

Andrés Díaz V.

gregory

Sorry Daimayo - I did get your PM, but was waiting to answer it when the Tarotgarden database was back up in case they have any for sale. It is certainly in their database, so you can look when they are back up - www.tarotgarden.com It is Gardner with a d !

I suspect your game may have a link to the publisher who may have been trying to drum up business! But it is a Marseille type deck, and many are rather pallid in colour. It is out of print as far as I know. It was recently discussed in a thread as there was one up on e-bay. here's a link to it. The links Jeannette has posted won't work today, I'm afraid !

There are some pix here - it is also known as the Rigel.

Have a look at some Marseille ones while you're waiting. They may meet with your approval !

You should find one fairly easy on e-bay if not at tarotgarden - except for the silkscreened original version which you aren't likely to find - if you watch for a while ! Don't pay too much; they aren't worth it (unless you get an original - in which case I will trade it for one of mine !)

Lillie

Silent Hill!

That's creepy, that is.

A silk screened version went on ebay earlier today. (not Gardner, the II original)
I have yet to check if anyone bought it yet.
Last night there were no bids.
I would have had a poke at it myself, but with Xmas coming... I bought toys for the boy instead.

There is one of the later Gardner ones up at the mo (in the UK)
I can find it again and give a link, or an item number, if you like.

Edit.
The II went for a fiver!
I really should have bid, but the seller had the most horrible feedback!
Nasty vindictive stuff, all sorts of accusations and cross acusations.

Anyhow, that was the second I have seen this year, so if I'm meant to have one, one will come my way I suppose.

Tarotwytch

I have a Richard Gardner deck and also a Rigel but they are not quite the same. The Major Arcana images are similar (ish) although the colours are completely different and the Minor Arcana is not the same at all. It is not a deck I could use for reading - I just bought it because I liked the look of it.

gregory

Tarotwytch said:
I have a Richard Gardner deck and also a Rigel but they are not quite the same. The Major Arcana images are similar (ish) although the colours are completely different and the Minor Arcana is not the same at all.
This is true. That will teach me to use google rather than going upstairs to look ! LOL. My apologies :|

Daimayo

Thanks to all for your answers... well, if you see anywhere images from the richard gardner deck (or if you have the oportunity to scan some cards) please give me an advise.

mmm... sounds hard to get it... but I'm not the class of person who give up easily :p

Greetings from Chile :)

Andrés

gregory

Try here and search for gardner (with the d !)

and here are some of the cards.

Then there was the paler version sold on e-bay (boy am I cross...) - item 5631745869.

Daimayo

Thanks gregory! :D

what a desilution :( ... the deck just look like the marselle deck with diferents colours... the cards images in the game Silent Hill 3 are different... for instance, the card number XXI is called "the eye of the night" and looks like a piramid with a eye in the middle... seems like another deck in a strange numeric order. Looking for information I found that the card "the eye of the night" represents "the moon".

Well, thanks again gregory... and if someone knows something about the deck that i am describing, I would really thanks the help... I will try to take some screenshots to show the cards that I'm talking about.

Greetings from Chile :)

gregory

Post a couple of cards (death would be good for me....!) and someone here will be able to identify it. Like I said - sounds like someone was trying to drum up sales !!! :( (if you aren't a subscriber, put them on a website and post a link !)

Or describe it a bit ? (I have been looking for anything on line with pictures - but can't find anywhere with the cards !)

Lillie

I reckon they just put some stuff together for the game, add in a real name to give it a touch of authenticity (like the street names in Silent Hill 1)
And there you go.

Not a real deck at all.

There are a few Gardner tarot books out there, I suppose you could check them out, but to me it sounds like something made up for the game.

Write to the makers, see if they can tell you.

The proper RG tarot is as discribed and shown above.