Doreen Virtue Oracle decks - Anyone interested in Study Groups?

rash212

thanks

thanks elviefae & Logiatrix... those were great ideas... i will definately incorporate those:) thanks so much... and i hope my angels will like the bags n crystals i pick for them:)!!

Elven

Hi All!!
What a great thread. I love these cards too!!
I have the Saints and Angels Deck
Healing With the Angels
and the Goddess Guidance Oracle

What Doreen Virtue deck(s) do you favor?
Probably my favourite is the Healing with the Angels Deck

How did you acquire your deck(s)?
At my favourite bookshop.

How do you use your cards?
Usually they call!! I am drawn to a deck, and I usually do a one card draw - or a three card spread. It is usually about personal issues or, if not, its in conjunction with a Tarot reading, or Oracle reading.

I use them to pass on messages. If Im reading for someone else and the client is 'burdened' in someway, I find that these cards 'go and hold, or hug the client' - they offer 'support' around the issues they are dealing with.

What is your most favorite card out of all the decks?
I have to choose! LOL!! :p Well I went throught the decks and todays favourite cards are all from Healing with the Angels.
Enchantment
Romance
Freedom
Truth & Integrity

What is your least favorable/understood card?
Im not sure i have one, but sometimes I dont feel connected to the way in which sometimes the style of drawings/photos arent uniform in the deck.

What else is important to you regarding discussion of these decks?
I guess, to broaden the interpretation of the card - to expand on the meaning. o hear how others have interpreted them and aligned the cards to different questions - or different situations.
What other Decks or Oracles or methods people like to use the cards with.

My decks are usually kept in their boxes. I will eventually make bags for each of them, but I haven't chosen the material and beads yet! I'll wait until Im inspired by something and then I'll buy it specifically for the deck.

Glad to be here! Look forward to joining in! :)

Many Blessings
Elven x

matchyg

Question

Hi,

I was just wondering whether anyone uses reading cloths or silks when they do their angel card readings?

I have been getting inaccurate readings lately. I was wondering if anyone can offer me some advice.

Logiatrix

matchyg said:
Hi,

I was just wondering whether anyone uses reading cloths or silks when they do their angel card readings?

I have been getting inaccurate readings lately. I was wondering if anyone can offer me some advice.
yes, matchyg...i use a cloth with my angel deck, for when i'm using the cards in a less-than-ideal environment (table at a greasy diner, picnic bench in a park, etc.).
When it comes to cloths, i go for washable versus pretty. Form definitely follows function, because it's supposed to get dirty, instead of my cards getting dirty.
However, the cloth i use for my angel deck is actually very pretty, and it has an angel pattern on it...and i can wash it if it gets dirty, LOL! :thumbsup:
:)

Logiatrix

matchyg said:
...I have been getting inaccurate readings lately. I was wondering if anyone can offer me some advice.
Oops, almost missed your last comment...

When that happens to me, I take it as a sign that I need to let my cards rest. I like to have a completely different deck available for those occasions.
It helps if it's a totally different theme, art style and color scheme; it might even be a whole different system, like i ching cards or an affirmation deck.

Sometimes, I've even put the cards away altogether, and turned to something completely different, like runes or dice. On other occasions, I've simply focused on a particular subject in one of my tarot books, without turning to the cards.

Another consideration is that it may just be a bit of overload, and that may require a rest of the brain; letting another hobby or leisure activity into your head often remedies that.

rash212

when do we start?

hey everyone, when are we going to start studying each card?? Cant wait.. getting impatient lol!!

rash

a_shikhs

hie everyone,
rash is right... lets start on the cards.. ok how do we go about it?? guess im a lil impatient now....hehehe

matchyg

Lets start studying a card

Is someone able to organise all the indexing etc

VoodooGyal

Hello guys, this is a cozy group :) I haven't done much reading with these cards, but I am definitely joining into this group discussion. I'm not sure what I could input into the group, but hey I suppose we all here to learn :D

Thought I'll introduce myself as well ..

What Doreen Virtue deck(s) do you favor?
I only got the Healing with Angels. Anyway I love the pictures/colours of these cards!

How did you acquire your deck(s)?
I brought them off the bookshop! They were my first cards I purchased when my interest in tarot reading initiated

How do you use your cards?
Sometimes I take one card from this pack and incorporate into tarot reading as "messages from angels". It just nice to feel that energy in a reading :)

What is your most favorite card out of all the decks?
Hmm honestly don't know all the cards well, so no fav card at this time.

What is your least favorable/understood card?
Same again here as with previous question

What else is important to you regarding discussion of these decks?
Gaining deeper understanding how to do readings with these decks and being able to put the cards together. I would like to develop my intution, this is one of the reasons for learning tarot :)

Ready to move on with the learning :D .....

Logiatrix

Yes, let's start! :D :D :D

A predominant interest that was voiced in the
"getting to know us" questions was new spreads.
How about starting with each of us sharing a
spread?
That's how we start to create new threads,
which we are to link later (after there's threads
to link, LOL).
I'll be glad to link the threads after we gather
plenty for an index.
May I suggest:
Let's please try to keep the Virtue deck spreads
all in one thread
, and so on with each topic
regarding our group; that's how we can be sure
nothing gets missed from the index later on.
So, go ahead...post your spreads! :thumbsup:

(EDITED to add...I went ahead and started a spreads
thread.
I hope that wasn't too presumptuous; I couldn't help
myself, LOL! ;)
It's a spread I've been wanting to share for a long time,
with people who enjoy these cards as much as I do...
You are all such a blessing!)
:love: