Doreen Virtue Oracle decks - Anyone interested in Study Groups?

sagewriter

I only have the Magical Unicorn's Oracle. Would I be allowed to join with that?

1.What Doreen Virtue deck(s) do you favor?
Magical Unicorn's Oracle

2. How did you acquire your deck(s)?
I ordered it from Amazon after spotting it on Aeclectic, the pictures reminded me of an old Unicorn calendar I cut up to cover my room with when I was younger!

3. How do you use your cards?
I draw one card when I feel I need a little boost from a positive reading!

4. What is your most favorite card out of all the decks?
*goes to look* That was a toughie! But I believe my favourite to be "You are Gifted"

5. What is your least favorable/understood card?
"Talk about Your Feelings". It looks like a horse with a horn stuck on it. Unicorns are ascended white horses, therefore they are white, not brown as this picture depicts.

6. What else is important to you regarding discussion of these decks?
I barely know this deck, and would love others to use it with. The Faeries Oracle study group has helped me immensly, and I would like the same for this deck :)

gorgeousbutterfly

Hi sagewriter, my friend :). i have the magical unicorn deck and we can work on it together. maybe get a group for this deck? doesns't seem alot of people have this deck on this study group. i love this deck too. the unicorns touch me in a inner child kind of way.

rash212

Hi Sagewriter and gorgeousbutterfly...I too have the magical unicorn deck and just adore it, if you two plan to start a separate study group, please include me tooo:)
rash

gorgeousbutterfly

or course rash, everybody is welcome!! :) i'm glad there more with this deck! :) the more the merrier.

Logiatrix

Myrrha said:
Great idea to start with the Intention card! I think there is a card in the Archangel Oracle that has Archangel Michael on it and is about "crystal clear intentions". If we pick a card from a different deck each time than people who don't have all the decks will not feel left out.

edited to add: On the other hand, choosing a card from a different deck each time could get confusing.

--Myrrha
Agreed, Myrrha...it will inevitably get confusing, especially if others want to join later.

Perhaps we should do "sub-groups" regarding each deck...? I think we're already leaning that way, which makes sense.

However, I think we can keep the "spreads" thread general and open to all decks, especially when many here have more than one Virtue deck. We should also keep this current thread open, so as people choose to join, they can introduce themselves; also, it's a place where everyone can post general questions. Just my suggestion, especially with the group index in mind.

I'll wait to see what you all agree on, then I'll start building an index accordingly.
:)

sagewriter

gorgeousbutterfly said:
Hi sagewriter, my friend :). i have the magical unicorn deck and we can work on it together. maybe get a group for this deck? doesns't seem alot of people have this deck on this study group. i love this deck too. the unicorns touch me in a inner child kind of way.

hello butterfly!! yay, another fellow unicorn fan! and i compeletly agree with the inner child, they are so pure and innocent, you can't help but me touched!

Myrrha

That makes perfect sense! I will enjoy reading the threads on the Unicorns deck even though I don't have it.

These decks are special and not like other decks. As well as looking carefuly at the details in each card, as we do in other study groups, maybe participants would be interested in taking a moment with each card to really tune in to the angels (or unicorns, fairies, etc) and ask what each one has to tell them (people might not want to post this stuff as messages could be personal.) I thought at first that this method of reading wouldn't work for me but was very surprised that it did! Some people in the group probably read this way anyway...
--Myrrha

Logiatrix said:
Agreed, Myrrha...it will inevitably get confusing, especially if others want to join later.

Perhaps we should do "sub-groups" regarding each deck...? I think we're already leaning that way, which makes sense.

However, I think we can keep the "spreads" thread general and open to all decks, especially when many here have more than one Virtue deck. We should also keep this current thread open, so as people choose to join, they can introduce themselves; also, it's a place where everyone can post general questions. Just my suggestion, especially with the group index in mind.

I'll wait to see what you all agree on, then I'll start building an index accordingly.

Logiatrix

Index

Now there's an index listing of some of the Virtue decks, linked to threads I started.
Not all the decks are listed, so please go ahead and start a thread for a deck that you don't see in the index. As soon as I see new threads to include, I'll be sure to put them in the index.
Please be sure to include "Discussion" somewhere in the thread title. That's just to keep all of the individual deck threads uniform and distinguishable from older threads.
Please tell me if anything needs to be changed or added...

matchyg

Thanks

Hey
Logitrix

thanks so much for doing the indexing. xxx

Simone

I included the index in the index of indexes ;) :D

Have fun studying, folks!