a magical course in tarot

Maan

I have just read this great book and i was wondering what others think of it!
It really gives a new and fresh way to look at the tarot and it even promotes having multable decks :) Written by a real tarotholic i think!! :D

Love and light
Maan

Keslynn

I received this book as a bonus when I won a Mythic Tarot on EBay. What a great little extra! I really like this book a lot. She has a wonderfully readable writing style, very conversational. Also, I like that she is emphasizing intuition while still giving really basic (not deck specific) card meanings. It's a great book that I think might unfortunately get overlooked. So spread the word! ;) And I agree that she encourages tarotholism - one more reason to like this book. Although I don't think I could ever read exactly in her style (cards strewn all over), it's great to get that viewpoint and incorporate parts of it into my own readings.

:) Kes

Sullanciri2002

ahm ... how about ...

sharing the author's name, so we can all take a look at it ?
Just a passing idea, mind you - no sarcasm whatsoever intended.

Keslynn

:p But of course you're right Sullanciri.

The author's name is Michelle Morgan. The book just came out in paperback so I believe you can get 30% off the price (same goes for all new releases) at Barnes and Noble online. Also, you get free shipping with 2 or more items. No pressure here. ;)

I highly recommend it.

:) Kes

PS - Sorry to those not in the US. I don't know B&Ns policies for overseas shipping/sales.

Kyrielle

The author is Michele Morgan.

I really like this book!

I've set my stopwatch: Lee should be on this thread within seconds raving about this book. :)

-- Kyrielle

Lee

Nope, I don't have to... you all are doing it for me! :D

-- Lee

starfish66

Arrggghhh! A double weakness - Tarot AND books! Now, I must hunt this book down.

Maan and Kes, you Tarot Sirens are supposed to be tempting OTHER tarotholics, not me! })

And if Lee gives it the stamp of approval....

(sighing and looking at her checkbook....)

:TJUST Starfish

emily2otters

i just processed this book at the library -- literally minutes ago. it didn't really grab me. it's buried in a box, now, so i can't look at it again tonight. shucks! guess i'll just have to put a hold on it for later...

ladycj

Okay, so now I'm curious. What exactly is the book about? Does it use tarot in magik? or is it just a really special course? Very interested to know. :)