The Witches Tarot (Cannon Reed) - Study group discussion thread

kerrip

I was wondering if anyone is still actively looking at the Witches Tarot?

I have a pack and I love it.

I would really appreciate having someone to chat with about the way they work.

gargoyle_guarded

Hi Kerrip. The Witches Tarot is my favorite deck. It's hard to find anyone else who uses this deck so if you'd like to discuss it, that would be excellent.

dadsnook2000

Me, too!

I also have and use the Witches Tarot. I have had excellent readings with this deck. I tend to use the WT when I am presented with a "blind" question, when the querent is secretive about what they want to know.

When I use this deck I also make the Swords-Wand shift in meanings, staying true to the creator's method of using the deck. So, I'll place this on my "watch" list and will try to contribute to discussions. Dave

archer1

I also just recently picked this deck up at a local book store. I am not to sure of it yet some questions remain. The apparent swithing of the Wheel traditionally 10 is 11 and Justice 11 is 10 typo or not not sure. And the switching of swords to fire and wands to air...

archer1

Is this a typo...?????????????????????????

I was hoping that someone would be able to explain this.

See images here:
wheel.jpg

Why the switch in the numbering most decks I own have the wheel as x and justice as XI...

dadsnook2000

Look at the Tree of Life

When I first acquired my deck and book set I placed a diagram of the Tree of Life inside the front cover, colored each of the nodal points, numbered the paths and then (in red ink) identified which cards were placed on which paths.

JUSTICE is on path 22 between nodes 6 (Illumination) and node 5 (Struggle). It would seem to be a good place for the Justice card, no matter what its number. On the other hand, WHEEL is on path 21 between nodes 7 (Success) and node 4 (Forgiveness). On the surface, this is not so direct in its meaning and I can't offer any suggestion as to why or how this fits.

As to the Swords/Fire and Wands/Air attributions, I can understand the reasons behind this and I just make the mental switch when using this deck. I believe that the deck's creator had this view and that it is embedded in the cards designs in various ways. It is part of the charm, interest and specialness that each deck has. The quirks of each deck helps keep us involved, thinking and growing in our tarot knowledge. Dave

Logiatrix

Is anyone interested in resurrecting this study group? I'd love to discuss the Witches Tarot with fellow advocates...
:D

Ansil

Ummm.. yes? I'd be interested in reviving said group? WT is my second favorite behind RWS. Would love to discuss it.

Just joined, still finding my way around...

Ansil

Chiska

I just received this deck in the mail today as a surprise, and I do mean SURPRISE, from a friend who thought I needed a "pick me up." Wow. What a gift.

I would really love to revive this thread also!

Chiska

Sulis

Hi Chriska,

Welcome to Tarot Study Groups.

If you want to revive a study group just start posting. Take a look at the index thread and add to any of the threads there.
If you want to start a new thread please let me know by PM so that I can add it to the index.

If you need to know anything at all just drop me a quick line :).

Sulis - Tarot Study Groups Moderator