another way to 'read' a book

wavebreaker

Sounds like fun!

Here's another one:
Stand in front of your book case with your eyes closed and pick a random book. Then open the book on a random page and start reading at the top of the page. That's where you should be able to find the answer to your question.

jade

i do that in bookstores all the time :D

debins

I've tried the book example when I felt in a pinch...

...and it worked astonishly well. But "overused", it doesn't, for me at least.

zorya

i did that with the book 'seat of the soul' by gary zukov. each day, i would open it randomly and read. it almost always fit, what was going on in my life at the time, amazingly well.

Violet Gargoyle

I dont think the book thing works for me unless it is a brand new book that no one has opens, otherwise I can usually find the same pages all the time......

Strega

I do this a lot when I'm in a library. :)

napaea

i used to do this with the Bible all the time when i was a christian! ;) i'll have to start doing it more again! thanks for the reminder!

jema

libromancy

i hear a lot of christians are doing it and i tried it a few times but always stumbled onto really weird books, like a recepie for spongecake, how it is important to drink the blood of your first kill (a fantasy bok), a description of what crops they grow in Laos, steamy sex-scenes or a tale of how the fog rolls in over the river Tejo.

i wonder if one can't do something similar with the Tv remote;)
pick a random number and hit it!

amyel

jade said:
i do that in bookstores all the time :D
Me too. This is part of the reason I have such an aeclectic book collection!