View Single Post
Citizen

dadsnook2000 
Jupiter in the 6th

I've been both cursed and blessed with Jupiter in the 6th (also in Sag). Jupiter in my chart is the focus of a T-Square between Sun/Neptune (4th) opp. Saturn 910th), square Jupiter. In a case like this it might be difficult to seperate Jupiter from its friends.

The Keywords for Jupiter that I see as relevant from the list provided are:
Strong positive energy; patrons, supporter of the second half of life (Venus support the early part of life), gifts of the soul, wisdom, understanding, tolerance, inspiration, gifts that can conflict with mundane goals, hope, optimism and cheerfulness, expansion, harvest and those periods in life between 45/50 and 65/70, pride, good luck.

Expressing Jupiter: I have always been "lucky" in all areas of my life, have always had a positive outlook on just about everything, have gotten along well with everyone I have worked with (except for one useless person). My father had died when I was 18 so I naturally sought the advice of older people that I worked with -- they, in turn, helped in making key decisions as well as assisting indirectly in my career endeavors. So, I've always had patrons or mentors until I became one for others. I've always had "enough" to meet my needs and wishes, things seem to fall into place -- of course, an intuitive sense for opportunity seemed to help. I've always worked with the motto, "Do all that is needed or asked, and then a little more."
Benefic, strong positive energy; patrons, material benefits, gifts of the soul, understanding, tolerance, inspiration, gifts that can conflict with mundane goals, hope, optimism and cheerfulness, expansion, harvest and those periods in life between 45/50 and 65/70, pride, good luck.

The Keywords for the 6th house that I see as relevant from the list are:
work, service, jobs, employers and employees, dependents, pets, small animals, work place, duty, dedication, maintenance, knowledge gained thru repitition, working with data, compassion gained thru service to others.

Expressing the sixth house:
Work -- I'v always had all that I needed, I changed not only jobs but career fields and did that often (23 different career areas in my life) without having any substantive education to support those fields. We have had many pets in our family, they all seemed to choose me as their favorite person. As for dependants, the wife and I had three children, took in a young lady for four years whose parents had abandoned her while she was in high school, and then sequentially adopted three grandchildren (now 12, 14 and 18) as they were born. In the past twenty-plus years I have been involved in computer systems (sales, system development, managing, business consulting) and have worked with endless data (marketing, direct mail marketing, statistical analysis). Being highly self-focused I've also learned how to help and be compassionate to others over time (later, not so much when younger).

COMMENTS
I think that this kind of exercise makes us stop and think about the planets and how we express the symbolic nature of them. We see these attributes in others but it is only when we stop and closely look at ourselves that it hits home how appropriate astrology really is. If everyone likes this type of examination, we'll do more of it in another series -- perhaps the House Series or something like that. There would be a lot to explore there as the house meanings for a natal chart have to be modified when doing progressions, or mundane applications, or health applications, etc. Let me know what you think -- we could start that in the fall. Dave
Top   #3