astral travelling

jade

let's discuss it here instead:

so how do you feel about dj conways book "flying without a broom?"

jade

jade

this is my response to a poster that loves this book:

white dragon, wow, you liked that book eh?

i absolutely dislike it very strongly. my review of it won't be a good one.

she is extremely redundant. tells way too many horror stories of things that can go bad and then says (in the next sentence) but don't allow fear to come with you on your travels. "ya, okay dj, now that you've scared the sh** out of me, i won't be afraid when i astral travel" ...duh!!!

and then her philosophy on astral lovers (she says that it's not cheating on your partner for you to make love in the astral. it's an emotional kind of lovemaking that is different from physical love making and you should not feel obligated to tell your partner that you are doing this.)............i can not wrap my head around this one. isn't cheating in a relationship also emotional? so if you are sharing with, making love to, having an intimate relationship with, an astral lover.......then aren't you really cheating on your partner?

i disagree with most of what she says in the book and find it very poorly written.

hmmm, what exactly did you like about this book? i would love to hear about your experience with it. honestly i would.

love
jade

Kaz

after this "great" review :p , i think i wont ever feel the need to read it.....

kaz

WhiteDrag0n

Jade as far as information wise, its one of the best out there. You may not agree with some of her view (ie. the astral lover) but then again who said you do? She clearly laid out the astral for someone who is very new to it. She also did a good job telling about some of the "dangers" there. Ill admit is not all happy fluffy clouds and angels eating cream cheese. It is like our world a nice place but has dangers of its own.

Strega

Thanks for the review, Jade. You just saved me a few bucks. ;)

jade

white dragon,

i didn't expect fluffy clouds.

what other books have your read on astral travel that aren't as good as hers? i'm asking cause i really would like to read something well written and a bit more informative on the subject and if this is the best there is.......YIKES!

when i teach something, for example, i don't tell the person 'extreme' examples of negativity and then tell them to relax and not allow fear into their journey.

instead, i suggest caution and say why, but not by scaring the crap out of them. LOL

i'm not attempting to be difficult here dragon, i really would love to hear your thoughts.

in light,
jade

WhiteDrag0n

Its sad to say jade that there are very few good books for astral travel. Most I have ever come across are like "danger you will lose your soul" and other hogwash like that. You can try reading To Ride a SilverBoomstick, by Raven Wolf if im not mistaken. I am a regular traveler. So sometime if you are interested I could tell you about the astral (ive learned a great deal by going there). Perhaps that might help you more than a book.

Love and Light

jade

well then......please......start a thread on it and share share share!!!

love
and excited,
jade