geomancy ??

faunabay

I found a book on geomancy at my local bookstore on sale for $2 and couldn't pass it up even though I don't know anything about it.
The book is "Earth Divination Earth Magic" by John Michael Greer (any relation to Mary?)
Anyway I haven't even had a chance to read it yet, but wanted to know what you all thought about geomancy?????

zorya

is this book about reading the signs in nature, like divining the pattern of stones, lying on the ground? i believe that all things are connected and that signs can be read anywhere you look. i find nature to be the greatest teacher :)

sometimes feng shui is also called geomancy, since it includes
the placement of buildings or gardens etc, with relationship to their surroundings.

sounds like it might be an interesting book, faunabay. be sure to let us know what you think of it.

Teranar

If that's geomancy I've been doing it since I was very little. Whenever I would come across, say a pile of twigs, I would get a feeling off them, good or bad. I once found a rock that had been pushed downstream in my creek during heavy rain, and I felt something really bad was about to happen. Two days later our oldest cat, Burbon, was diagnosed with terminal skin cancer. I was 6 at the time. Since then whenever I find rocks or leaves I can usually get a feeling off them.

VmprGokuboi69

Thats cool teranar... I'm more adapted to weather, I use to track tornardos and sit in front of the weather channel, so I know pretty good about weather, and when I see a pattern arising I can tell some things from that......

Does that fall under the same category as geomancy?