Spirit Guide Group: Dreams, Volume Three

Kahlie

Sophie-David what a beautiful dream!

I remember only a short dream fragment in which a man was cleaning up under my house. There is a former bomb-shelter like thing there. It's around 2 meters deep - very abnormal in Holland.
He smiled at me and said: "There, all clean now". I think he also cleaned something else but I can not remember what. I do not know this youngish 30ish male, but I think I've seen him before in my dreamscape!

Oh deary... I'm really in for the big bucks I think... but my fear levels are going down which is good.

Kahlie

Milfoil

Sophie-David said:
We continue on to see immense waterfalls on either side of us, the source of these two wild rivers. We have entered a majestic valley now, quite separate from the one containing the lakeshore road. The waterfalls appear at first sight to join together right across the road, but in fact there is a rock cliff between the two of them, and the road goes right to its base. At this point we see that the cliff contains a large rollup garage door, and the logging tractor tries to ascend this door with raw power, trying to somehow roll the door up so that it is carried to the top. This looks both dangerous and futile.

The waterfalls suggest to me, a connection to the divine, an invitation to an initiation and yes, it is futile to try to force the door, no matter how much strength you have. This is by invitation only!

Sophie-David said:
But we see that under the partly raised door there is a tunnel, and we proceed within. Quite soon we emerge again, somewhat further upstream, but quite a bit lower. We are on a central spine of rock, at the head of a second set of falls. On either side now, between each of these sets of falls, each of the twin rivers has formed a wide lake. The view is breathtakingly gorgeous and the sound of the rushing waters is overwhelming. The spray from the falls has formed calcified and crystallized rock, which sparkles against the granite base. The sun is shining full against the waters, the sky deep infinite blue, and the treed mountains stand majestic and sacred on either of the far lakeshores.

We look back along the central spine, along the ridge road, and see that we could drive back to the first falls if we wanted to and see what we missed. But we have no desire to do so, content to rest for awhile before we move on. We know that there will be a safe way through to the last of the falls, further down stream. I have a feeling it will be by way of a downward spiral in the rock. The dream ends.

What an amazing invitation to journey and the repeated waterfall theme again - an invitation to the initiation. Your path is acknowledged and you no longer have any difficulty navigating the route or negotiating the corners.

Wonderful dream.

Milfoil

Kahlie said:
Sophie-David what a beautiful dream!

I remember only a short dream fragment in which a man was cleaning up under my house. There is a former bomb-shelter like thing there. It's around 2 meters deep - very abnormal in Holland.
He smiled at me and said: "There, all clean now". I think he also cleaned something else but I can not remember what. I do not know this youngish 30ish male, but I think I've seen him before in my dreamscape!

Oh deary... I'm really in for the big bucks I think... but my fear levels are going down which is good.

Kahlie

Basements are usually representative of our inner or hidden selves, those things which we have stored away and tried to forget. For this to be cleaned suggests that you are or have dealt with some issues which have been pushed to into the background. Thats a great dream to have, a really positive one.

Milfoil

I seem to have had a holiday from meaningfull dreams lately but last night there was a snippet of one which I can't find a meaning for.

I have been asked by my sister in law to go to her office and pick up her things because she has either walked out or been dismissed. Instinctively I walk into the right building which has very swish, open plan offices. Again, I instinctively know which is her desk so go over to start putting her things in a box. I think its odd that nobody seems bothered but finally a man comes to me, I explain why I am there and he gives me a handfull of paintings on canvas (only they are narrow/tall - around 12cm x 50cm and on a thin wire frame under the canvas rather than a wood frame). On her desk I find lots of broken jewelry, pack it all up and take it with me.

In another building, I look for something of mine in a set of drawers only to find a small black velvet pouch with glistening black beads sewn in a pattern around the edge on the front. The pouch is sewn shut and has a black ribbon from it to allow it to be hung around the neck. It has the words "inside a polished brass disc" written on the front and I know it belongs to me.

Sophie-David

Job Loss and a Brass Disc

Milfoil said:
I seem to have had a holiday from meaningfull dreams lately but last night there was a snippet of one which I can't find a meaning for.

I have been asked by my sister in law to go to her office and pick up her things because she has either walked out or been dismissed. Instinctively I walk into the right building which has very swish, open plan offices. Again, I instinctively know which is her desk so go over to start putting her things in a box. I think its odd that nobody seems bothered but finally a man comes to me, I explain why I am there and he gives me a handfull of paintings on canvas (only they are narrow/tall - around 12cm x 50cm and on a thin wire frame under the canvas rather than a wood frame). On her desk I find lots of broken jewelry, pack it all up and take it with me.
Oh my, Millie, this is a difficult one! First I'm puzzled as to why a sister-in-law is involved - and for some reason I need to ask, is she your brother's wife or your husband's sister? What is "very swish"? Any idea what images were on the paintings? There is certainly an expression of loss involved here - the loss of a job, and the broken jewelry.

Milfoil said:
In another building, I look for something of mine in a set of drawers only to find a small black velvet pouch with glistening black beads sewn in a pattern around the edge on the front. The pouch is sewn shut and has a black ribbon from it to allow it to be hung around the neck. It has the words "inside a polished brass disc" written on the front and I know it belongs to me.
The black velvet pouch and beads remind me of a Tarot bag. What ever is inside is something of an arcana in any event, since it is sealed off. There is perhaps a connection to the throat chakra of creative expression through the ribbon that allows it to be hung around the neck.

The polished brass disc, what would that suggest to you? Of course I'm thinking of one of the cymbals on a riqq. Hmm, this suggests it could be a solar image - and I see that Google locates this in a native American context here (do a text search on the page to find it). This of course reminds me of my current Solar Plexus obsession. I also see that brass discs are used in the Toad in the Hole game.

Kahlie

Sorry Milfoil,

I can't find any direction in your dream either.

I only remember a revelant fraction of mine - instruction again. A man was telling a young woman about responsibilities. She said: "But I'm only a child" and he said to her: "But you are aware of what you do - so you have responsibilities"

I wonder who this man in my dreamscape is.

Kahlie

Milfoil

Sophie-David said:
Oh my, Millie, this is a difficult one! First I'm puzzled as to why a sister-in-law is involved - and for some reason I need to ask, is she your brother's wife or your husband's sister? What is "very swish"? Any idea what images were on the paintings? There is certainly an expression of loss involved here - the loss of a job, and the broken jewelry.

I think this may relate to a recent discovery of ours about my Husbands sister and her partner. When they got married, my husbands mother basically gave them a £165'000 house for £50'000. All done behind our backs, nothing said etc because it is clearly prefering one sibling over another. Now we find out that the mortgage they took for £50'000 they have had difficulty with and they have signed the house over to a debt reclamation firm who now own it in name until 2008. I don't know how they could get into such financial trouble esp when given such a gift in the first place but thats all I can think of. My sister in law has always been covered in jewelery so that part seems to match and would suggest that the loss or breaking of this jewelery is a symbol of the facade which has been seen through or broken. Its a shame and I wish they had just been honest with us from the start.

Sophie-David said:
The black velvet pouch and beads remind me of a Tarot bag. What ever is inside is something of an arcana in any event, since it is sealed off. There is perhaps a connection to the throat chakra of creative expression through the ribbon that allows it to be hung around the neck.

The polished brass disc, what would that suggest to you? Of course I'm thinking of one of the cymbals on a riqq. Hmm, this suggests it could be a solar image - and I see that Google locates this in a native American context here (do a text search on the page to find it). This of course reminds me of my current Solar Plexus obsession. I also see that brass discs are used in the Toad in the Hole game.

I think the black velvet suggests something precious and protective; something which is kept secret yet at the same time loved and adorned. Black is always a protective and absorbant force to me rather than negative.

The metal disc I associate with a shamans mirror - again a protective tool which is used to protect the wearer and as a container for soul retrieval.

Perhaps I am remarking in my dream about how precious this object is yet how it is not something to wear openly in my culture so a medicine bag of sorts is how I could or should think of using it.

Thankyou for your comments though - it got me thinking.

Milfoil

Oh BTW, swish means slick and new, expensive etc.

Again, in the context of the dream the expensive (swish) facade is lost and I have to try to reclaim whats left after her problems.

Sophie-David

Drumming on the Roof

November 1, 2006

As one of the Beloveds I ascend an exterior staircase made of concrete and come to the flat tar and gravel roof of an apartment or office building. As a person of indeterminate gender I walk across the roof to where there is a set of drums and begin to play. The dream ends.

This was a short but unusual and important dream. During this week I was away in Victoria for Coast Guard Training Week, and after this Lynn and I stayed on in Victoria for a long weekend to attend our Reiki Master training and initiation at the Queenswood Retreat Centre. The timing of this Reiki III weekend was incredible, following a week long period of withdrawal away from home which allowed Lynn and I to prepare ourselves, and then occurring under the Full Moon in Taurus.

The presence of this exterior staircase reminds me of similar imagery in a dream or meditation from about two years ago in which Eirian led the dream ego - David in this case - to her ethnic restaurant in the East Indian ghetto of London, England. This was the marriage feast of David and Eirian to which many luminaries were invited, including Jesus - who insisted on bringing his Gnostic Bible - sitting with his good friend Lao Tzu. In this case the stairs had some odd discontinuities in them, so that you had to jump across the gaps in several places.

In contrast, the stairs of this dream were fully formed, whole and perfect, permitting an easy ascent to the very Crown of the building. I would take this as an indication that the chakral system is now well developed, fully open and available to Kundalini Shakti. For the first time, I now realize that the stairs in both dreams appear outside of the building because they suggest the configuration of the chakral system as it exists within the subtle body, which overlays but is distinct from the physical body.

The identify of the Beloved in this case is unknown, suggesting that perhaps both or neither of the primary Beloveds were involved. Later dreams have implied that it may have been a regenerated and therefore unrecognizable Sophie who took this ascent. The figure could simultaneously represent Kundalini Shakti also, but I consider it unlikely that the dream ego would be willing or able to project itself directly into such a transformative role.

Arriving at the Crown, it is appropriate that at this point the dream ego's gender becomes irrelevant, for in the Perfect One there is no Other. Note that the drums did not form a Western style drum kit, but were a set of frame drums conveniently resting on stands.

I have experienced drumming as being particularly effective in strengthening the lower chakras, particularly the Root and Sacral, but this dream suggested to me that the drums would be equally effective in directly integrating Crown energy, particularly during the upcoming Reiki III process.

Incidentally, the marriage of Eirian and David - or at least the consummation of it - did not actually occur until the Spring of this year, while singing with the first two chants from Deva Premal's CD, Embrace.

Sophie-David

Putting the Roof Drumming into Practice

The Reiki initiation was divided into two separate attunements, one on Friday evening and one on Saturday morning. In the course of the night following the Friday initiation I woke several times and felt a strange change in consciousness, as if I wasn't myself anymore. I remember on two occasions thinking, "What have I got myself into now?" However, I did realize that I was processing and integrating this new level of energy and was not unduly concerned.

Related to this, during the first attunement I had seen a shift in Sophie's consciousness also, manifest in her changing from the familiar blue aura of the "Moon exalted in the Sun", to a deep purple one. This resolved a continuing perplexity in her image, that although I knew her to be a creature of the Inner Eye, she expressed herself in the colour of the Throat Chakra. This shift in egoic consciousness appears to have allowed her to appear directly and in greater purity, rather than through an intermediate form.

I now see this Reiki initiation as relating back to the dream of a few weeks earlier, the climax of the cycle that started under the Full Moon in Pisces, in which David and Sophie journeyed hand-in-hand up the Italian or Roman hill to work together in the Tower. Note that these initiations occurred in the context of a Roman Catholic retreat centre, led by a Catholic sister.

In spite of the frequent wakings, I felt well rested in the morning, but somewhat ill at ease. I remembered the dream of drumming on the roof, but I was living at the retreat centre - with some people on silent retreat - and could not have drummed while there. So I went out and sat in the car, the red Subaru, and drummed the bodhrán in accompaniment to a Deva Premal CD, while the heavy rains drenched everything around me. Following the drumming I felt well integrated and ready for the next steps in the program.

I did this bodhrán playing and chanting with Deva Premal each morning before breakfast, and when each session ended for the day I went back to the car and played the riqq while following a tutorial CD (I am not really ready to play freeform accompaniment on the riqq just yet). This seemed to help immensely in the integration of this new Crown energy.

It may well be asked why I consider Reiki energy to be Crown energy, or at least as entering from the Crown. I would not normally perceive Reiki in this way, and when doing a treatment I normally take off my shoes to better connect me with the Root source. But the particular Reiki energy conveyed in the attunement of Friday evening was felt as not only Crowning in context, but very masculine - in fact an incarnation of Shiva descending. Hence it is appropriate that Kundalini Shakti should have risen to meet him on the roof, playing her drums in festive celebration.

Yes, I realize that I am contradicting what I have just written in the dream analysis above. Perhaps indeed the dream ego has evolved enough to project itself onto Kundalini Shakti - if so that is truly a blessing. But at this point I am content to say that the ascending figure was a regenerated Sophie and leave any other contexts for future revelation.