Spirit Guide Group: Dreams, Volume Three

Kahlie

I'm having a series of dreams centered around "respect". I notice that this is an ongoing issue because I have some problems in my waking life being treated respectfully by various people. Instead of standing up for my beliefs and taking care of it - I've been acting out victim behavior and fear that actually stopping this abuse would lead to worse things.

What confuses me most is that my dream people suddenly get names?! I never had people in my dreams get names that don't relate to known people... I wondered if this is Guide Contact, since I've been so exhausted that I have asked my Guides to make their presence be felt in dreams. Ever since I lost Vincent I haven't been able to establish a connection like I want.

Dream 1
My First Dream is in America, I'm in a Shopping Mall. I'm enjoying seeing all these new foods and are specifically enamored by some cookies/muffins. I am however very tired. The shop manager, named Roger, asks me to go to the till and wants me to put all that I plan to buy in pairs on there. I can't seem to make out why he puts certain things in pairings. For example a jar of jelly with some other sweets. He gets angry at me and the threatens me. I undergo the abuse and continue shopping.

While I'm shopping I meet another man, he's a programmer and also Dutch. I talk to him about Queries and Assembly, and tell him I'm a computer science student. It seems like I have already finished my degree in this dream - he likes talking to me. I can't seem to find garlic sauce and it's important to me to find it. He tries to help me and we continue looking everywhere but no sauce.

I then suddenly enter somewhere were I shouldn't. Two shopping employees a man and a woman come after me and are very upset. They almost pull me back towards the area were I should be. I apologize and tell them I'm just very jet lagged and tired. I also tell them that they have no idea what it is like to have a disease like a Thyroid Problem. The Girl, Hanna, sees my side of it. They bring me to the manager again, and he starts shouting abuse and saying that I should leave.

Hanna picks my side and tells this man that if he continues to display this kind of behavior he won't have any employees left. He truly can't treat customers with so much disrespect.

There are several parts of this dream that I find interesting. Besides the obvious notion that I should stop people from abusing me, I should also try to see if I can find allies, even if they are lower placed then the person who is abusing me. I have been verbally abused on the phone several times by a consultant who is supposed to see if I need help in the household tasks due to my physical limitations. She also made up some rules that she refused to put into writing and later turn out to be non-existent and several other things.

The food types are also interesting. I love garlic sauce but haven't eaten a lot of things lately that come with it. (Have remedied that recently).

I can understand how I do not see the pairings as logical... I still don't see that somebody who is supposed to get medical confirmation can start saying personal things about me.

She is in fact keeping nourishment from me, because if I don't get the help I deserve, I will have to cut down on my revalidation process. Time to finally write that complaint letter.

I find the fact that I speak with somebody else Dutch who is a programmer very cute. I guess this is a subconscious ego boost, letting me know that I can and will study and finish my course! Currently I temporarily stopped since I need the time to rest.

<will continue dream sequence on next posts>

Kahlie

Respect Sequence

Dream 2

In this dream I'm in a large house. Somehow I'm in charge of bringing out Breakfast for everybody in the other room. It's a mixture of people, some family, some not, some unknowns. I'm pretty sure it's a Birthday Party, but not sure whose it is. Somehow I don't feel like I'm the Birthday Girl!

I see that I have a lot of bread and like 5-6 packages of butter, and even 3 more of herb butter. I think it's rather much, and suspect that Rita, my friend and cleaner might have bought them. I take them all and manage to put them and bread on the table.

The people in the other room are extremely rude to me, and complain that they don't have everything yet. They start putting their knives and forks on the table to make noise.

I clearly state that I am tired of being treated disrespectfully and that they can all make and take care of their food themselves.

I return to the kitchen to make breakfast for me, where my friend Maarten is waiting for me. I explain to him what happened, and he says that as long as he has a glass of milk and a bread he'd be content and we can have breakfast in the kitchen together.

I hug him and kiss him on the cheeks, dryly commenting upon the fact that he's very unshaven!

I'm pouring some milk first for me but for some reason it turns into chocolate milk. I'm quite amused and wonder if I had put in some chocolate powder without noticing.

I tell him I have some extra bread in the fridge and I could defrost it for us - or return to the other room and snatch some bread from there.

Before he can answer my father enters the kitchen and demands why I don't take care of breakfast like I should. I calmly explain to him why I won't, while the sound of angry people who are drumming cutlery on the table can be heard.

In this dream I do better. I don't let myself get abused for a long time. I am reconsidering certain people whom I 'nourish' and how I feel nourished by them in return.

It's odd that my father comes and tries to bring me to task, since he's very different in real life. I guess he's kind of of an Emperor Archetype in this dream, asking the Empress what the hell she's doing. Obviously, finally, I can take the Empress role without taking with it self-sacrifice or disrespect.

The Chocolate Milk makes me think that maybe I need a little bit of more sweet in my life then what I currently have. And as always, that Maarten is a fantastic friend in waking and dreaming life! =)

Kahlie

Respect Sequence

Dream 3

For some reason I put most of the furniture that I have outside of my house. Including a bed, table and some other things. I'm resting in them, but finally decide to go inside for a second.

When I get back some of my stuff is gone and other people are moving my things. I angrily ask them what they are doing and where they are going. I tell them that just because it's outside doesn't give them the right to move it away to the intersection so they can steal my things easier.

They comment that I left it outside so now it's theirs. I don't take that at all and start first putting all my things into the house. One of the people tries to take the bookends of the table. I complain that they are my fathers and I want him to release it right now. They seem to be made of clay or a clay like substance and seem to be Eastern in design.

This is the dream I most vaguely remember, I know my lover also shows up somewhere. I don't remember what I actually do to get my stuff back, the dream ends before that.

It's true that lately I've been resting a lot, and are 'outside' of my normal routine and thinking patterns. Obviously I still have a lot of problems with people taking advantage of me. I'm not quite sure in waking life where that is, except in one occasion.

My father doesn't have bookends like that, and I wonder why they were so central in this dream. Especially the color.

Kahlie

Respect Sequence

Dream 4

In this dream I'm with Rita, my friend and cleaner, walking around in the hospital. We are trying to find the place where I'm supposed to meet my doctor. On the way over, we see a stand where they sell stuff to eat. I buy an onion?, only it's half rotten and I have to cut a lot of the stuff away. Further along we see a small supermarket and I comment that we should have gone there to buy stuff to eat, since that would have been cheaper.

The hospital is like a maze and I'm starting to get upset that I will be late for my appointment. We finally ask somebody else where we should be, and he tells us we should be lower, at least 3 stories down from where we are. I look on the paper that states where I should be, and suddenly the numbers have changed.

We thank the man and go towards the elevator. A woman is screaming at me, but I don't know for what until later. Inside the elevator it has to be locked twice. With a strange kind of hook. I tell Rita I'm nervous we are going to be late, yet, she watches the clock and says it's a quarter before 3, so we are still on time, since I have to be there at 3.

We finally get where we need to be, but I have to bend in all kinds of angles to get out of the elevator. A man is standing before it, his name is Haquim or Hakim?, and he offers the help. I decline and get out myself.

A woman suddenly appears and screams that in my rush to go back I haven't put a dress back where it belongs that supposedly I got to try on. I take things back out from the elevator, they are on a clothing hook, first many different Shawls, one in light baby blue, and 2 others in different colors. Then I find the dress underneath and disprove her theory. In actual waking life, this is a dress I own. It's a gothic red Dress.

Rita wants us to leave, but I still want to get other things of mine from the elevator. Most notably a bag.

I'm not sure if this dream fits into the Respect Issue. Again 3, my personal number for Guidance, and a reference to the Empress is there. There also seem to be issues of Healing involved, as the Shawls seem to point towards my Thyroid and Throat Chakra, and the dress towards Feminine Problems.

I still don't know whom this man Haquim or Hakim was? Or why I knew his name before even asking him or whatever. He seemed kind and maybe I was stupid to want to do things on my own.

I also need to think some more about this accuser and why the hell I bought an onion?! There are more layers to these dreams that I might myself perceive. It's true that abuse has always been very closely tied to the Empress for me. First the sexual abuse and harassment, and later the abuse of people taking advantage of my kindness and self-sacrifice through using the Empress Archetype in a wrong way. Becoming everybodies mother.

Well, so far my quite interesting Dream life!

Kahlie

rcb30872

Admittedly I had this dream a few weeks ago, and was trying to decide whether to post it, and then where to post it!

It involved me and little man's father, the only people in the dream

We were standing outside this house, no idea whose house it was, which was on a hill. Then little man's father told me that he had to go to the toilet and then told me to wait for him here. There was some sort of drain/pipe/tunnel that he climbed to, and continued to crawl through. After some time, I wondered if he ever was going to come back, so I started to walk away from the house, at that exact time he came out of the pipe/drain/tunnel. Then, pretty much straight away, we were passionately kissing, and then soon after, not sure where we were, pretty sure it was not outside the house (I sincerely hope not - either way can't really remember) we were getting intimate, I mean REALLY intimate ;)

I had a quick look in the book I have, and what I can't remember, I did write it down, but don't have it with me, the fact that there was climbing through a tunnel reflects the fact that the focus has turned inwards, looking at what has happened in the past and all that sort of stuff. Going to the toilet reflects the need of flushing away unwanted stuff, so in some sort of way then it can be seen as facing up to your demons and dealing with them in a way that it no longer affects you, if that makes sense. The thing that confuses me, is that I am not sure that little man's father in the dream actually reflects him or an aspect of him. If that is the case, then it is indicating that there may be some stuff that he needs to sort out before, oh, I don't know!

Any ideas???

zannamarie

Kahlie,

This may have no significance at all but I figured I'd mentioned it in case it helps.

I met someone a few years back named Hakim and he was from Istanbul (Turkey). So perhaps there is a link between these two dreams in that the bookends might be Turkish?

Kahlie said:
Dream 3
... One of the people tries to take the bookends of the table. I complain that they are my fathers and I want him to release it right now. They seem to be made of clay or a clay like substance and seem to be Eastern in design.

Kahlie said:
Dream 4
We finally get where we need to be, but I have to bend in all kinds of angles to get out of the elevator. A man is standing before it, his name is Haquim or Hakim?, and he offers the help. I decline and get out myself.
Bookends support books and Hakim was trying to give you support?

Just some ideas that came to me. :)

bladeraven

rcb30872 said:
Then, pretty much straight away, we were passionately kissing, and then soon after, not sure where we were, pretty sure it was not outside the house (I sincerely hope not - either way can't really remember) we were getting intimate, I mean REALLY intimate ;)[/color]

The thing that confuses me, is that I am not sure that little man's father in the dream actually reflects him or an aspect of him. If that is the case, then it is indicating that there may be some stuff that he needs to sort out before, oh, I don't know!

Any ideas???

I apologize for not being that good at interpreting dreams (my own freaks me out half the time), but I pick up that being intimate with your ex probrably has less to do really with wanting to be with him and more with, feeling like needing a sense of control and it's okay with your current situation.

I bet that it could indicate you are feeling like you are probrably exposing too much of yourself and you're unconsiously feeling nervous about the situation because you're not sure if this is a direction that you're wanting to take.

Considering the prominant figure he is in your life....It could be a subsitute of committing yourself into something else that you don't want to have to end up having to endure..and the fact that you find yourself at abandonment, your subconsious is going...whoa there...make sure this is what you really want and not just reacting too.

rcb30872

bladeraven said:
I apologize for not being that good at interpreting dreams (my own freaks me out half the time), but I pick up that being intimate with your ex probrably has less to do really with wanting to be with him and more with, feeling like needing a sense of control and it's okay with your current situation.

I bet that it could indicate you are feeling like you are probrably exposing too much of yourself and you're unconsiously feeling nervous about the situation because you're not sure if this is a direction that you're wanting to take.

Considering the prominant figure he is in your life....It could be a subsitute of committing yourself into something else that you don't want to have to end up having to endure..and the fact that you find yourself at abandonment, your subconsious is going...whoa there...make sure this is what you really want and not just reacting too.
Um, no, I really don't think so!!! There is not much at the moment that I am particularly worried about in the terms whether I should commit to or not.

Oh, I think it is an aspect of me, because in some way he is like, right this is what I want to do, and I am going to do it whether anyone likes it or not. In that case, I am starting to do the same, like I am not letting other people tell me what I should do or what I shouldn't do, but it is more like, this is what I have decided to do, and I am going to do exactly that, and I don't really care all that much if my family or anyone else for that matter what they think of me or what they think of what I want to or am going to do.

Other than that, not really sure, still need some ideas, what does anyone else think?

:love:

Bec

zannamarie

rcb30872 said:
Oh, I think it is an aspect of me, because in some way he is like, right this is what I want to do, and I am going to do it whether anyone likes it or not. In that case, I am starting to do the same, like I am not letting other people tell me what I should do or what I shouldn't do, but it is more like, this is what I have decided to do, and I am going to do exactly that, and I don't really care all that much if my family or anyone else for that matter what they think of me or what they think of what I want to or am going to do.

Other than that, not really sure, still need some ideas, what does anyone else think?
To me, it seems like you've kind of answered it here.

If the little man's father represents another aspect of yourself, then you went off, did some soul searching/cleansing (in the tunnel), have come back out and now you are passionately embracing the new you. And perhaps the fact that the 'passion' was outside is because you don't care who sees the new you.

How does that sound?

bladeraven

No no..you're getting on the right frame...Lol..didn't mean that I think the two of you were going to get back in literal terms...Should have figure out how to word it, but he is representing that...not literal...Hopefully what this dream dictionary says about being intimate with your ex can clarify some:

"that you are having intimate with an ex or something that is not your current mate, denotes your reservations about embarking in a new relationship or situation. You may feel nervous about exposing yourself or currently feel a resurgence of those old emotions and feelings that you felt back when you and your ex were together"

It could be something more on a subconsious level..a little nagging voice or maybe even your mum that you need to put away in a nursing home on another planet. :)