View Single Post
Elder Jabberwock

Barleywine 

I'm attaching the second draft of the table. I added all of the decan meanings for each court card. I used The Astrologer's Handbook by Sakoian and Acker, one of the best basic astrology books in my library. Their approach has a psychological slant which perfectly complements Crowley's idea of "moral characteristics." The sections were structured such that I could easily extract simple keywords and brief phrases from the sentences. The only ones that are a little squirrely are the Aquarius decans since the writers used the modern rulership of Uranus. The text for the Scorpio and Pisces decans was more traditional.

Not all of the trio of decan meanings will apply equally to a given card, and not all at the same time. The idea is to use them as background information where they fit the circumstances of the reading. While building this, it seemed that the third decan for each court card came the closest to aligning with the card's meanings. I've only done a cursory editoral clean-up on this and I still have to revisit the Book of Thoth extracts to validate and correct my own interpolations from Crowley's less straight-forward observations. That will be tomorrow.
Attached Images
File Type: pdf Thoth Court Card Characteristics.pdf (82.2 KB, 382 views)
Top   #9