Thread: The GD Kabbalah
View Single Post
Citizen

smw 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeon418 View Post
Things get a little mind bending when you realise this "substance" is the AIN, the No-Thing.

Bonner mentions an alternative theory in the chapter on AIN. Isaac Luria came up with the idea of Tsimtsum (Withdrawl) in which God is said to make a hollow space within himself. Inside this void creation takes place. Apparently this pleased some Kabbalists as the usual emanation model of the sephiroth is obviously Pantheistic. This is a bit of a problem if you're a Monotheistic Rabbinical Kabbalist. Luria's "Tzimtzum" solves this by positing a transcendent creator who creates everything, but is not part of the creation.

Personally I prefer 0=2. "For I am divided for love's sake, for the chance of union."
Ahhh.... I wondered why the kircher tree which is an older version is less common than the Luria one. Having a withdrawal separation theme of God isn't as elegant for me as a theme of All.

Depending on which theme is preferred the concepts of Eden and Da'ath would vary. I was just reading the kabbalistic view that Da'ath is knowledge, being the Union of Binah and Chockmah, wisdom and understanding. Union to create this third (here Da'ath or other manifestation) could occur because there is separation/division initially to be able to come together and do this. However, if the initial division is not within the divine as suggested by the Luria withdrawal view, then there would be no coming together of opposing divine forces as they don't reside there, being in the space or absence of God.

Presumably, angelic or other concepts would also be separate from creation...ughh I see gods and goddesses, Angels etc as being crystallised points of access (form depending on cultural preferences) still within the all.

(Eta...the differing forms of Gods/Godesses as recurring representations of the Archetypes).
Top   #27