View Single Post
formerly similia

Grigori 

There are a few examples in the Book of Thoth where card description etc. do not match the deck. That makes me think that perhaps much of his ideas were being developed as the book was being written/cards being painted, rather than the ideas had existed for a long time, before he got the chance/desire to make the project real.

Does anyone know off hand the timetime for the writting of the Book of Thoth, in comparison to the receiving of the Book of Law. I realise the creation took years, but still there could be plenty of opportunity for "seat of your pants" editing I guess. Perhaps he wrote certain parts of the book, and didn't edit them after deciding that exchanging Tzaddi and Heh was the solution.

I found this quote from "The Law Is for All" which I am assuming is a later publication than "The Book of Law" and so the confusion has been weeded out by then... (Or am I way off base here?)

Quote:
Tzaddi is the letter of the Emperor, the Trump IV, and He is the Star, the Trump XVII. Aquarius and Aries are therefore counterchanged, revolving on the pivot of Pisces, just as in the Trumps VIII and XI, Leo and Libra, do about Virgo. This last revelation makes our Tarot attributions sublimey, perfectly, flawlessly symmetrical.
Top   #5