View Single Post
Citizen

Aeon418 
Random thoughts...

I have noticed that if you lay out the Tarot trumps as indicated in The Book of the Law, chp.3 verse 73, The Emperor and The Star pair up together. I don't know if that has any deeper significance or not.

The switch of the cards on the Tree of Life makes sense to me from a Thelemic perspective. In one way it symbolises the goddess Nuit taking the place of the patriarchal, authoritarian demiurge Jehovah, symbolised by The Emperor. And as Crowley points out (somewhere?) it brings together the 3 mothers on the Tree of Life. (It does disturb the Alchemical trinity though. But with the letter Heh being the feminine component of IHVH it seems to fit perfectly.)

Meanwhile The Emperor on the path between Yesod and Netzach is a symbol of self discipline and the powers of logic and reason needed to deal safely with the subconscious and the imagination. Quite apt when you consider how many people on the occult path fall into the pit of self delusion and fantasy.

I find this quote from Crowley's qabalistic fairy tale, The Wake World, printed (1907) in Konx Om Pax interesting. While the passage is attributed to the path of Tzaddi and The Star it seems to suggest that, even at this early date, Crowley thought The Star would be better placed somewhere on the Lightning Flash 777. And that's where it's ended up.
Quote:
Then there was another passage which was really too secret for anything; all I shall tell you is, there was the most beautiful Goddess that ever was, and she was washing herself in a river of dew. If you ask her what she is doing, she says: "I'm making thunderbolts." It was only starlight, and yet one could see quite clearly, so don't think I'm making a mistake.
Top   #8