Manga Tarot Study Group index thread

> Tarot Forum > Tarot Special Interest > Tarot Study Groups

believer in magic

Sulis 
Manga Tarot Study Group index thread

Index of threads so far in this study group:

GENERAL THREADS
Anyone interested in a Manga Tarot study group?

Thoughts on actual use?

MAJORS
The Fool
1 - The Sorceress
2 - The Priest
3 - The Emperor
4 - The Empress
5 - The Priestess
6 - The Lovers
7 - The Chariot
8 - Justice
9 -Hermit
10 - Wheel
11 - Strength
12 - Hanged Woman
13 - Death
14 - Temperance
15 - The Devil
16 - The Tower
17 - The Star
18 - The Moon
19 - The Sun

Please let the Tarot Study group moderator know by PM when a new thread is started so that this index thread can be kept up to date.
Top   #1
Citizen

Hedera 

This deck is nr 1 on my wishlist at the moment, so I'm glad to see a study group has already started up!

But, er.... isn't it the MaNGa tarot, rather than the Magna tarot?
Top   #2
believer in magic

Sulis 

Thanks Hedera
Top   #3
Citizen

tarotreader2007 

Thanks Sulis.

"I, I don't know what came over me!"

tarotreader2007

**PEACE**
Top   #4
Citizen

EarthAngel2911 

Oh goodie! I'm so glad that you started up a study group for this terrific deck! Lo Scarabeo always surprises me. Some decks I get so anxious for, I order from Alida and spend an extra $20 than I'd otherwise have to, and then I get the deck and it doesn't thrill me like I thought it would.

But now, take the Manga. I originally wasn't even interested in buying this deck. But I read a couple of threads that talked about the different aspects of it, and I was intrigued, so I went ahead and used one of my Amazon coupons and ordered it. And I was blown away! Maybe because I wasn't expecting much or maybe because of the different aspects of the cards, but I was pleasantly surprised.

The combination of color and glyph are worth studying to get a full effect of this deck. I started my own personal journal when I got the deck, and I'm excited about being able to share ideas with others.

I'll be honest, though, the gender switch has me a bit confused. The Empress has been renumbered to IV instead of III, but it still shows a woman. Same with the Emperor. I'm assuming that the effect desired by switching genders was from a numerological point of view? Ah well, I'm sure as I study the cards, it will begin making sense to me.

Blessings,
Karen
Top   #5

Resident

Ookami-sama 

I'm interested in learning about this tarot.

C: Good idea.
Top   #6
Resident

Dakkon 

Too bad that the study has died down. I'd be glad to contribute the card illustrations if that helps.
Top   #7
Citizen

Hemera 

Quote:
Originally Posted by EarthAngel2911
But now, take the Manga. I originally wasn't even interested in buying this deck. ...
And I was blown away! Maybe because I wasn't expecting much or maybe because of the different aspects of the cards, but I was pleasantly surprised.
This has just happened to me.. I was not expecting anything and then I saw scans of these cards and I and *had* to order a copy and now I am hooked..

It seems awfully quiet in here though...
Anyone...?
Top   #8
Resident

Blackash 

I realize that this thread is kinda dead, but I'm going to post my thoughts as thanks for those who have gone before.

This is my first deck. I bought two, this one and the Gilded Tarot. I figured I'd learn on the Gilded and then move on to the Manga, but while the Gilded is nice for learning the card meanings, I simply cannot read the cards for myself. For others it's no problem, but I just can't relate. I do not have this problem with the Manga Tarot. I love these cards and this group has helped me a great deal so I felt I should add to knowledge gather here for the next person who wanders in six months from now to find an empty forum.
Top   #9
Resident

NekoMimiMisa 

I love this deck. It was my first ever tarot deck. I am very protective of this deck, it is as precious to me as my laptop and cell phone. I do not let anyone else touch it for very long, and I especially don't let them do readings from it. I mostly do readings for myself with this deck. My only problem was the vague descriptions of the card meanings in the little booklet. This study group has been absolutely helpful.
Top   #10
Elsewhere on the Tarot Forum
Popular Tarot Boards
· Using Tarot Cards
· Talking Tarot
· Tarot Spreads
· Tarot Decks
· Rider-Waite-Smith

Special Interest Boards
· Astrology
· Crystals & Herbs
· Divination
· Lenormand
· Spirituality

Popular Tarot Threads
· Pet Peeves
· Timing of cards
· Interesting tarot pairs
· The Moon as how someone feels
· The World as feelings

More Tarot Threads
· Cards for certain events
· Tarot meanings for health
· List of Tarot Questions
· Can Tarot be Dangerous?
· List of Tarot Myths

Elsewhere on Aeclectic Tarot
· Tarot Cards & Reviews
· Free Tarot Readings
· Tarot eBooks
· Tarot Card Meanings

Copyright © 1996 - 2022 Aeclectic Tarot. All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Contact us. Advertise with us.