Manga Tarot: The Emperor

tarotreader2007

The Emperor is shown on the back of the cards as well which I thought was an interesting addition. Instead of laid back like the empress usually is, he is meditating which is very unlike the typical emperor. He sits on what looks like a lotus flower OFF of his throne. As if, he knows he has power but doesn't need to constantly show it. Definitely a more reserved person.

Red is the main color

Summer is the season symbol

Looking at the Empress though, it's clear they share some traits of the typical characters.

tarotreader2007

**PEACE**

annik

This emperor is meditating but he have the warrior's gears. Right now, he is peaceful and calm but he is also ready to defend the kingdom. On the chair, there is a crown. Maybe the chair and the crown are only used in ceremony, not in the day to day more down to earth matters.

RiccardoLS

He choose his own throne.
One was a seat of external power. And the other (the lotus flower) of inner power.
That choce shapes the way he rules.

Alan Ross

This is an emperor who is comfortable in both worlds, the world of spirit and the secular world of politics and power. I can see him climbing back on his throne and placing the crown back on his head when he needs to act in an official capacity, but he would prefer to rule over himself than rule over an empire.

He reminds me of the great Roman emperor Marcus Aurelius. Marcus Aurelius ruled the Roman Empire when it was at its greatest extent, but at heart, he was a humble philosopher who struggled constantly to live up to the high ideals he was devoted to.

tarotreader2007

RiccardoLS said:
He choose his own throne.
One was a seat of external power. And the other (the lotus flower) of inner power.
That choce shapes the way he rules.

I think this description is quite telling of the nature of this card. Also, someone already mentioned it, he has the power to things and show off (for lack of a better word) with his crown and throne. But, he sees that that does not replace spiritual enlightenment and inner beauty.

tarotreader2007

**PEACE**

Hedera

It looks like the throne behind him is crumbling, or at least damaged; perhaps indicating that true strength and power is in control of the mind, not of some earthly things?

cosmic_bubble

could someone clarify something about this card for me, please? is it just the positioning of the emperor that has changed (qualities remain)?

*bit confuddled* :)