Manga Tarot: Death

Dakkon

Well, I just recently purchased a copy of the deck and I'm hoping to revive the study on it. I don't have a flatbed scanner and I'm afraid I'll ruin the cards by making it go through the printer-scanner so I just opted to take a picture of it.

http://img177.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dsc00522he3.jpg

Whenever I see the card, death, the first thing that comes into mind is the necessity of a change in habit from good to bad. It might mean the death of a bad thing to that of a good one. Seeing the Manga Tarot illustration of Death produces the same effect. The hooded figure is leading the robed woman to the right path, or the light. She does not seem afraid of him in any way and does not hesitate to approach the light as she is a few steps ahead of him in the illustration. The season stated in the card is winter, which means death, silence, or inactivity which could mean that if the person does not change, he might fall into a state of being stagnant and his life might not progress. The color scheme of the card is red which could impart a sense of urgency or passion, that you must be passionate enough and truly want to change that bad habit or you will not succeed.

annik

I really see this card as going for change but with a goal, something to build on or to go forward to. The hooded person seems to be more a guide and there is no fear aroused from himself. The hooded person point in a direction in front of them and it seems to be a goal. We do not see this goal right now because it is not tangible and the change have not been made yet.

There are rays that radiate from the point the hooded person point at. All the rays goes toward the point/goal or away from it, depending on how you see it. Maybe the hooded figure is explaining something to the other character.

It is a very interesting death card. It does not have the potential of scaring people. And sometimes, it can put us into a direction we needed to go or to explore.