Triple Goddess Spread - after Wheel of Change Tarot Tree

thorhammer

Alexandra Genetti, creator of the Wheel of Change Tarot, reorders the Major Arcana into what she calls The Tarot Tree. The third level of this tree consists of three cards, which correspond to the three aspects of the Triple Goddess - Maiden (The Star), Mother (The World) and Crone (The Moon).

I designed this spread to help the seeker to find those attributes in them that are Goddess-like, and stem from the Divine. Ancient goddesses and gods, unlike monotheistic deities, are inherently flawed, and worshipped for their closeness to humanity as much as for their divine separateness. The cards inspired me to find goddess-like attributes within myself, divine and flawed; hence, the spread has inbuilt reversals, which I've indicated in italics. The cards are laid in a line, left to right.

Maiden ~ What is the seat of my confidence? What makes me selfish or self-indulgent?

Mother ~ What resource do I have to give? Where am I easily depleted or vulnerable?

Crone ~ What mystery do I have yet to reveal to myself? What makes me bitter, what do I hide from?

I tried the spread, and was very very pleased with the results. I'd love to hear from anyone who has suggestions!

\m/ Kat