Touchstone Tarot by Kat Black

Le Fanu

retrokat said:
I think it's worth it to have lovely gilt edges that are hardy enough to keep shining after years of use. USGS had to do a lot of work to get it right - I don't think any mass-produced deck before Golden had gilt edges (Umbrae, perhaps you'd know if that's the case?).

O yes, definitely worth it. Gives it that lovely Tudor prayer-book air. Those gilt edged psalm-books; the kind of thing Lady Jane would have taken with her to the scaffold!

retrokat

This is the review that claimed Golden was a terrible deck because it couldn't be riffle-shuffled straight out of the box:

http://www.amazon.com/review/R1MV1Z0QAA35NI/ref=cm_cr_pr_viewpnt#R1MV1Z0QAA35NI

When he said "I do not see how this Golden Tarot deck is going to stay in print very long" and "No one but the most masochistic is going to want to try to shuffle the deck more than two or three times." I guess his divinatory abilities were acting up, since 4yrs on, the deck is still selling. Ooh, you masochists you! :p

I don't know the Witch in the Hollow Hill person who replied to his comment, but they made me laugh so much with their response to him: 'your ego must get in the way a lot'.

greycats

For sticky decks---

Two words: fanning powder. :D

It's available at magic supply stores, on line and elsewhere. I put a sprinkle of it on all decks that I use regularly, sticky or not, because it seems to reduce wear. ;)

Le Fanu

retrokat said:
I don't know the Witch in the Hollow Hill person who replied to his comment, but they made me laugh so much with their response to him: 'your ego must get in the way a lot'.

Witch in the Hollow Hill is fellow AT member 6 Haunted Days!

easternsunrise

Le Fanu said:
So the shuffling does get easier with time? Im really looking forward to giving it another go. Should arrive this week!

Yes...the more you shuffle and work with this deck the more it softens and shuffles like a dream.

sharonsgl

I just got my deck, and it's great!

I went through the package of all the little thing that came with the deck, the special gift was an agate pendant, which Kat calls a touchstone talisman.

Then I opened and went through the deck, basically to see if all the cards were there. Kat added a Happy Squirrel card, :laugh: I've never read a Happy Squirrel card before and will probably remove it, but its fun to see it there. The deck in general is beautiful and I can't wait to work with it.

Sharon

Silverlotus

Oh no, Sharon! You shouldn't have posted. Now I know I will explode before my deck arrives!!! lol!

Wow, wow, wow. I just can't wait. I've even cross stitched a nifty journal cover for my new Touchstone Tarot journal. (I really should post a picture of it.)

WishingWell

I echo the sentiments of Silverlotus. "I know I will explode..." Now I'll be wringing my hands waiting for the package to arrive. I've already checked the USPS track & confirm status twice this morning.

An agate pendant? How nice!! I've been wanting a pendant, these last couple of weeks, as I do not have even one. I can't wait to see what a happy squirrel looks like, either.

morticia monroe

sharonsgl said:
I just got my deck, and it's great!

I went through the package of all the little thing that came with the deck, the special gift was an agate pendant, which Kat calls a touchstone talisman.

Then I opened and went through the deck, basically to see if all the cards were there. Kat added a Happy Squirrel card, :laugh: I've never read a Happy Squirrel card before and will probably remove it, but its fun to see it there. The deck in general is beautiful and I can't wait to work with it.

Sharon

NONONO!!! I didn't want to know. Rats...why did I look.

Shade

Sharon you may want to edit your post to say "Spoiler Warning" just in case people want to be surprised.

I was actually really hoping that was what the mysterious extra card would be and am delighted to hear it' sin there - will that also appear in the mass market version?